• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Lucky's 945 16v+t resurrection thread

Welcome back. I've been following this thread for a while, was sad to see it go without update for so long.

Usually it's just a nexus of money and time; but given the problems it's had, and my health issues, it's a nexus of money, time, motivation, and health.

Magically I have just enough of all 3 right now, and thelostartof's help, to make the final drive.

We've toned things down a bit just to get it smogged. e85, 65lb delphi injectors, LH, and likely 10psi. A meager 280-320hp is expected.

Bhp? and why are you using such a small radiator? Didn't that car come with the bigger one?

Looks and sounds great!

No, we're thinking that's gonna be whp. That turbo is good for high to mid 400.

I went with the NA radiator over turbo for clearance reasons. Keeping the bottom of the radiator flush with the bottom of the intercooler results in some cramping for the intake side intercooler pipe and BOV. The shorter rad fixes the issue while keeping ground clearance. The system doesn't really need the extra size in any case.

I struggle with traction with 225s and I have half the turbo you do.
Mhave fun with your smoke machine :lol:

Mounted tires. Fixed all/most of the exhaust leaks (for now) with butyl tape. installed stand alone thermostat for e-fan. Installed and routed a 4hose bypassing heater bypass valve (so that even closed coolant still flows from the back of the head to the water pump).

Seems like as soon as I get a stable no-load idle the car will be ready for some miles and then a run through emissions.

pulls real good. only set to 7psi, creeps to 9 on WOT.

minor issue still to be resolved before going to emissions though; bog with minor throttle input at low speeds (looks like the BOV is an "always open" type, waiting for a mod kit to fix that). Also a minor timing issue. Car starts right up no problem, timing light shows 5degrees off at the crank. It should be 10, no?

pulls real good. only set to 7psi, creeps to 9 on WOT.

minor issue still to be resolved before going to emissions though; bog with minor throttle input at low speeds (looks like the BOV is an "always open" type, waiting for a mod kit to fix that). Also a minor timing issue. Car starts right up no problem, timing light shows 5degrees off at the crank. It should be 10, no?

Did you ever verify TDC through the plug hole, then mark the pulley for 0?

Back