• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

rich idle and cruise, what do?

Lh2.4, throwing code 113.

65lb Delphi low-z injectors; fresh e85 fuel.

Idles and cruises 10:1afr, under boost it leans out to 12:1 like it should. Fuel pressure is confirmed correct, wideband is offering lh the right signal as far as we can tell. Injectors May or may nit be spraying nicely, but it seems like clogged injectors would make for lean rather than rich conditions. No significant vacuum leaks.

Which wideband, and is it set to output 0-1v? I've read that some people have had trouble getting LH to like widebands. My AEM worked fine with 2.4 when I was running it on the 760.

It may be skewed, also try canceling the o2 input to the ecu and see if it goes into its default status as in afrs should go to stoich due to it not recieving a signal to the ecu. Its like a limp mode

954 ECU with my chip, nothing messed with for injector constants (this chip is pretty much a stock chip that had the fuel maps messed with under load for another 16vT we had locally). LH SHOULD work just fine with this setup as I ran it with 65lb and 75lb injectors just fine for well over the last 5+ years so that is 100% not the cause and many many others have ran this size injectors on LH with my chips without issues, 4 of them locally 8v and 1 16vT with 65lb injectors with an 012 amm with the same chip.

AMM was an 012 that I had on the shelf, I need to try my spare 025 and my other 012 also as We had used those before but that was while the BOV was open at idle and cruise and now that that issue is fixed this AMM could just be dead.

The injectors are unknown used parts, when cranking the spray out of the injectors looks like a light puff of mist out of #2+3, #4 has even less of a mist and #1 looks like it doesn't even fire.

Wideband is sending the correct signal to LH.

About two weeks ago before the BOV issue was fixed the car would start up and idle and cruise perfect, if you made any boost the BOV would then open and the car would then idle and cruise rich because the BOV was open. We installed an anti-stall kit on the BOV and it is properly closed now like it should but the car is now stuck running rich.

Vac leaks have almost all been corrected, we last redid the TB flange gasket again for the 5th time as it was leaking near the TPS, we cleaned it off and put on another new gasket with RTV but we did not double check the pressure test just yet.

The car is very low on fuel ~2gal in it and has OEM pumps and filters. Fuel pressure has been set to OEM specs @ idle and has not been validated under load. I am planning on getting 10gal of fuel into the tank sometime this week.

Last edited:
My money is either on MAF or narrowband output. The o2 signal in 2.4 is basiccally an on/off boolean value with constant switching. The narrowband emulation sends too accurate/ consistent a signal.

Get a bung welded on and run the stock O2 sensor. In my 2.4 cars rhe symptoms were very erratic running and bucking at part load, and code 113 as well.

The MAF can also be bad. As you know there is no good way to test a MAF other than by swapping in a known good one.

Have you also checked for the tb flange to be nice and flat? Chances are it's warped or if it's coated the surface may be uneven. Happened with another 16v car Ben W and I were messing with a while ago. Why don't you get the injectors cleaned and matched?

For sure an ageing O2 or an non compatible signal will create all sorts of messy behaviour.
Even worse than you can imagine at times

8+ years but we pumped and drained it out like a year ago and since then it has had about 20-25 gal of e85.

The car ran near perfect a few weeks ago besides the bov issue. But since then fuel level has been lower and lower. The O2 output should be fine but I guess a $55 NTK O2 is cheap and easy to put in. I just need to pull the dp to drill and weld another bung.

I will also try the other amms and go from there.

As for the tb flange I will repressure test it and see if it is still leaking. I so do not want to pull the intake to get it made flat but if it has to be done then it does. The car also had a good sized vac leak at the tb shaft but we fixed that on sat also with an injector oring.

The injector spray is very odd so once I find the 95lb Delphis here I will try that and check the spray.

8+ years but we pumped and drained it out like a year ago and since then it has had about 20-25 gal of e85.

The car ran near perfect a few weeks ago besides the bov issue. But since then fuel level has been lower and lower. The O2 output should be fine but I guess a $55 NTK O2 is cheap and easy to put in. I just need to pull the dp to drill and weld another bung.

I will also try the other amms and go from there.

As for the tb flange I will repressure test it and see if it is still leaking. I so do not want to pull the intake to get it made flat but if it has to be done then it does. The car also had a good sized vac leak at the tb shaft but we fixed that on sat also with an injector oring.

The injector spray is very odd so once I find the 95lb Delphis here I will try that and check the spray.

If we do have to pull the intake, I think Nathan said he'd hook me up with the parts needed to be able to actually use a 960 throttle body on the car. I mean, if we're having the flange milled, we may as well have it cut off and welded over with the right size offset from the plenum.

Back