• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Harbor Freight

Mike Allen

Da' Pipe Fitter.
They re-did their site. Takes FOREVER to load, but is does look better organized and more 'modern'.
Got scared when it took so long to load; what if they went out of business? Where would I get cheap crap........?

Holy crap. That is a million times better than the old site. Harbor freight is the place to go for tools that needn't be the most durable things around. My trunk tools are almost all harbor freight cheapos, I leave my Dad's old craftsman tools at home, where' they're safe.

I bought thier Jackstands several years ago. Were very inexspensive, caught them on sale and have worked great. They were a STEAL IMO!! I got the big ones. 4 sets! :nod: Love them! My 91 244 is on a set of them right now:nod:

I <3 china freight. Most of my tools were stolen last summer so I'm back to restocking with harbor freight crap and replacing most things that I break with better stuff.

Harbor Freight has increased the durability of their tools 1000% over the last 10 years. The finish on their wrenches is inferior, but maybe that will improve next. Hand tools are pretty good overall, but power tools are a mixed bag.

Craftsman tools are as good as any. Their lifetime guarantee makes them worth the price.

The site is down.

I bought a tig welder there last year. While the literature didn't state it, I suspected that it had high freq start, which it did. $400 for a hf start tig rig.... It's awesome.

Back