home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > performance & modifications

Old 10-06-2017, 11:41 PM   #26
Redwood Chair
K-jet For Life

Sorry didn't mean to offend but it seemed you were trying to split a penny.

In years gone by the trick was to find a good 240T exhaust for ~$30 in the JY and adapt that, but those cars aren't really around anymore, and if one hits it's generally pretty field ratty and rough.

I went with all new genuine 60 mm 240 Turbo Volvo exhaust from GCP through Tasca and it was [only ?] $257 shipped to my door and the muffler is @ twice the weight of the walker stuff.

It's a little more money but it won't slip over a 2" stock pipe and fit nice and snug, so I recommended the 2.25" stuff since it's going on an NA car, adapts easier, is cheaper and more readily available.

[Read no waiting ~ 2 months for the GCP goose in Sweden to lay the OE 240T 'golden egg']

All that said you could get a quote at your friendly local neighborhood exhaust shop, or PM stevE85 who now has a nice little exhaust shop in Benicia and does excellent work.

Image hosted by servimg.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiperfauto View Post
Folks on here don't know a good deal when they see it.
how psi a stock can support?

Last edited by Redwood Chair; 10-06-2017 at 11:59 PM..
Redwood Chair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 11:19 PM   #27
cookieboy
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwood Chair View Post
Sorry didn't mean to offend but it seemed you were trying to split a penny.

In years gone by the trick was to find a good 240T exhaust for ~$30 in the JY and adapt that, but those cars aren't really around anymore, and if one hits it's generally pretty field ratty and rough.

I went with all new genuine 60 mm 240 Turbo Volvo exhaust from GCP through Tasca and it was [only ?] $257 shipped to my door and the muffler is @ twice the weight of the walker stuff.

It's a little more money but it won't slip over a 2" stock pipe and fit nice and snug, so I recommended the 2.25" stuff since it's going on an NA car, adapts easier, is cheaper and more readily available.

[Read no waiting ~ 2 months for the GCP goose in Sweden to lay the OE 240T 'golden egg']

All that said you could get a quote at your friendly local neighborhood exhaust shop, or PM stevE85 who now has a nice little exhaust shop in Benicia and does excellent work.
No worries. Good info, thanks Ken. I've still been on the hunt for a 240 and thought I may have found it but it sold before I could get down to see it. The search continues, lol.
Old 10-07-2017, 11:31 PM   #28
Redwood Chair
K-jet For Life

Did I mention that a 240 Turbo only has one muffler out back?

Plus the 10% larger tubing going from 2" to 2.25" will have a 56% larger cross sectional area so it should be well worth doing for what it costs.
Redwood Chair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 12:08 AM   #29
cookieboy
Board Member

Yeah, plus it sounds better too. On my last 240, I had 2.25" after the car with no resonators and a Thrush turbo muffler and besides having better breathing to go with the can, I loved the exhaust note.
cookieboy is offline   Reply With Quote