• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

What car to Buy

cars to buy

I hope this wasn't an argument for 240s.

Of course it was. :) Why would our car buyer want to buy something styled like a Chevy Celebrity? With a K car front and rear for good measure. :-P The 700/900 wagons are better looking than the sedans so that's another reason if you are going to buy a 700 series buy a wagon.

Of course a 240 would be fine in sedan or wagon form but you'd have to put your own turbo in it unless you get lucky and find an old 240 turbo.

I ask our buyer are you going to maintain and repair/refurbish the car? Or, are you going to have a shop do it? What kind of budget are you working with to buy and repair the things that are going to need attention? Never mind upgrades. The newest car is 12 years old at this point so you're going to need some work even if it's as simple as tires, battery, exhaust.

I find the 2xx cars are much easier to work on when it comes to interior and lighting bs. . .

I think a stock 2xx car looks nicer than a stock 7xx, but not much is hotter than a nice 700 dropped on nice wheels. . .

Well. . . A full bodied 200. . .

940 turbo with E-codes

Or a 90+ 740SE with the factory aero kit

my 2 favorite RWD volvos.

I combined them into one, and now have my favorite RWD volvo

245s for the most part are ugly.
Ah-hem... This is obviously meant to be inflammatory. Beauty is in the beholder but:
This might have been true if Volvo had made 245s with a faux-wood finish a la the Buick Roadmaster.:lol:

Of course it was. :) Why would our car buyer want to buy something styled like a Chevy Celebrity? With a K car front and rear for good measure. :-P The 700/900 wagons are better looking than the sedans so that's another reason if you are going to buy a 700 series buy a wagon.

Of course a 240 would be fine in sedan or wagon form but you'd have to put your own turbo in it unless you get lucky and find an old 240 turbo.

I ask our buyer are you going to maintain and repair/refurbish the car? Or, are you going to have a shop do it? What kind of budget are you working with to buy and repair the things that are going to need attention? Never mind upgrades. The newest car is 12 years old at this point so you're going to need some work even if it's as simple as tires, battery, exhaust.

I maintain my own stuff I am a machanic so I take very good care of my cars

I've had my 745 for 4 1/2 years now, and I love it. The only thing I would have done differently is not get a Regina car. Not that I've had major problems with her, but there seems to be a performance glass ceiling......This does not apply of you purchase a turboed brick.

What I would recomend is a 754 turbo stickshift 90+.:nod:

why not a S/V90? smooth 3.0L six is a modern engine that makes 200BHP stock and has IRS and it usually is loaded with kit.

why not a S/V90? smooth 3.0L six is a modern engine that makes 200BHP stock and has IRS and it usually is loaded with kit.

I actually had one and then it saved my life but you can't do any mods to them that I no of correct me if I am wrong

quayludes '81 244 DL

If sedans are your thing, get a 744/944. If you think you would be able to utilize the extra space of a wagon, then 745/945.

242s are good for being project cars, and are extremely hot.

245s for the most part are ugly.

244s are drop dead ugly and suck.

I resemble that remark!

Back