• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

CAD files?

Lando

Arthur Digby Sellers
I want to make some cad files of some easy to build upgrades as a reference for folks on the board. I just need a few measurements or existing cad files of certain parts.

First off, I was planning on doing a walkthrough for making a full intake and exhaust.

I tried searching and was unable to find files for:

exhaust manifold flange
common turbo flanges (t3, 15g, HX50 etc)

If anyone has a sketch of the port profiles and measurements and angles of bolt holes or a full cad drawing that would be extremely helpful.

Once I'm through I'll make a list of required parts and tools with step by step instructions, on a few DIY upgrades.

Thanks in advance for any help.

If you do a search for CAD* (use the *) you'll find at least one thread with pics and files.
I know the intake and exhaust manifold files exist however the few people that have them run shops so they make money off those files and I doubt they'll freely hand them out.

What program(s) do you use?
Of the few programs I have I can scan parts such as gaskets or take a photo and grab the outline to use. I do have some intake and exhaust gaskets that I plan on making files for, but I'm in no hurry since I need to finish my suspension first.

I just got a 3D probe head for my mill so once I get back from DisneyWorld later this weekend I'll be mapping that and making it available for free. Check out GRABCad for free files as well.

If you do a search for CAD* (use the *) you'll find at least one thread with pics and files.
I know the intake and exhaust manifold files exist however the few people that have them run shops so they make money off those files and I doubt they'll freely hand them out.

What program(s) do you use?
Of the few programs I have I can scan parts such as gaskets or take a photo and grab the outline to use. I do have some intake and exhaust gaskets that I plan on making files for, but I'm in no hurry since I need to finish my suspension first.

I just got a 3D probe head for my mill so once I get back from DisneyWorld later this weekend I'll be mapping that and making it available for free. Check out GRABCad for free files as well.

Thanks for the info, I'll see what I can find.

I primarily use solidworks, but also autocad.

I would just like the templates or even just measurements of the flanges. I could measure them myself, but I'd rather not pull my exhaust for no reason.

I have measured the clearance between the block and subframe the angle of the head/exhaust sealing surface, and the where the hood starts.

I have also already measured the intake measurements because I have an intake lying around.

I'll be working on this over the next few weeks and then I'll post a writeup that should make it very easy for people with limited ability and tools to build an upgraded manifold with proper fitment.

I think The Aspirator possibly? posted a whole bunch of cad files a while back. There was 16v intake and exhaust flanges, 8v intake and exhaust flanges, various turbo and wastegate flanges. Have a look to see if you can find it or I can possibly repost it when I get home.

Back