• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vintage Amazon door & window questions

ZyreX

Hello,
I'm giving my Amazon ('66) a respray at the moment, but have some questions while the car is in parts. I'm not that used to so old cars :p

- How do I tighten the window mechanism (2 doors, front doors)? When I wind it all the way up, it falls down 1-2 cms when I let go...

- Is it supposed to be some kind of rubber moulding/seal on the B-pillar against the door? It might be year-specific in any case..

I'm also looking for a new ash tray, mine's rusted into holes...

I think I have an ashtray.

The b pillar gets cloth wrapped windlace. Adjust the tension pulley at the bottom until it holds tight to the top.

The window winder mechanism has a clutch to prevent the window from being pushed down. They are handed left and right. Either the clutch is failing or the mechanisms were switched side for side.

Also, make sure the lug that the window hatchet attaches to hasn't come loose from the cable.

Thanks both of you, useful information! I think I know which part is the tension pulley, so I'll find somehow to adjust it :)
Clothed windlace is fitted so I guess that's in order then.

@cwdodson88: If you happen to have in decent shape, would it be possible to purchase it? Note I live in Norway...

Greetings from New England...

I have a very nice one, won't even need painting if your Amazon were red, that I'll send you for nothing more than a kind word about an American somewhere down the line...
Lots to be embarrassed about over here.

PM received; turns out ashtray is later style '68-, could switch handles...
image_zpsbgofjvbe.jpeg

Offer still stands.
Exactly where to?

Yes, I'll just try and switch the handles :)

Sending address in PM.

edit: I'll keep you updated how everything turns out ;) Looking forward to reassembling it. Will be a showcase thread then i reckon.

Ashtray on it's way today...

I wonder, after travelling ~3500 miles here ~50 years ago in the dashboard of an Amazon, and now ~3500 miles there in a box to Norway, how far from where it first saw life in Sweden will it end up being?

Best, Michael

Back