• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Boosted on a budget

VeJNkbW.jpg

eHcoh0W.jpg

This picture makes me smile:

NpOWH5n.jpg

Last edited:
Want some more photos? Here is some of what I was up to this very short summer:

I hated the antenna. It just bothered me. I made a decision to get rid of the thing...

E2StsEM.jpg

GhettoFab at its best! Dont laugh.. Well laugh but dont hate :)

kQnnK3U.jpg

EEnvKam.jpg

GVQsZ12.jpg

Like Factory!

More to come...

You're using a nail as filler rod? Or as an arc welding stick without the coating? Whatever you're doing 10/10 for ghetto points on that :-D

That's next level ghetto. And I love it.

Keep up the good work man, car looks awesome.
At least you're doing something with yours. All 7 of my Volvos are severely neglected lol

Nice work. I deleted the antenna on my super beetle in September. And good idea using the nail to hold the patch, I've used that trick with great success patching gaping rusty holes on said super beetle

You're using a nail as filler rod? Or as an arc welding stick without the coating

Pretty ghetto but that nail was welded to the metal patch to hold the patch from falling into the car.

That's next level ghetto. And I love it.
Keep up the good work man, car looks awesome.

Thanks! Not sure about it being ?good work? but it will last longer than me I?m sure.

Nice work. I deleted the antenna on my super beetle in September. And good idea using the nail to hold the patch, I've used that trick with great success patching gaping rusty holes on said super beetle

Bingo! It was a quick idea. Good thing I?m not the only one with ghetto ideas!

Ok guys come more ghetto stuff coming up. I decided that since I have never even used the rear wiper blade, I would just remove it all together. After about 30 minutes and 10lbs~ later, the rear wiper motor and linkages and crap was removed:

ZiySJqU.jpg

I then proceeded to ghetto weld the big hole closed. I used the nail technique again since I know it works. Then welded up the hole entirely:

zpKfaur.jpg

After some filler, I came out with a pretty sweet finished product:

L07OAIX.jpg

5BEfc3L.jpg

I went ahead and fixed some other small areas that were in need of attention:

NujlnB6.jpg

Sanded it all down and 2K primed it:

mWpY8AH.jpg

Thats all for now.. I havent done much more that this. Hopefully there will be more work soon. Stay tuned....

Talented? I think not.
Clear coating over this would be horrible. I’m so close to paint I can feel it. I just need the weather to cooperate since I’ll be painting in the garage.

I've been waiting for this car to get paint for what feels like years. when you finally do it's gonna feel so gooooood. and also look so gooooood. This car is a major inspiration for me.

I've been waiting for this car to get paint for what feels like years. when you finally do it's gonna feel so gooooood. and also look so gooooood. This car is a major inspiration for me.

Thanks man! I?m just learning so I don?t know how goooood it will be but I appreciate the confidence!

Last pic... I like it better w/o the side skirts.

I agree. That?s why they are not going back on. It slows better without them. Plus once my new wheels are on (and there are going to be some mad haters about the wheels) it will look better.

Let's talk about paint

What you wanna know? Single stage for me since I?m too impatient to base clear plus I like it better. Call me crazy. I?m going on a budget so I?ll be using Eastwood?s line.

Eastwood? Dang that's higher class than me. Last car of mine I painted was done in Valspar Tractor Enamel through a harbor freight gun. Rustoleum rattle can primer too for even more budgetary. I'd do it again too. PS your arm WILL get tired. Especially with the wagon's roof. And you'll be painting for well over an hour. I underestimated just about everything on my Volkswagen...

Back