• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

LH 2.2 timing advance for performance.

maxitoman007

Have done quite a few mods on my 87 740 turbo but I haven't had the chance to play with ignition timing very much. I've heard of people running as much as 24 deg advanced. Lh2.2 is adjustable via the distributor conveniently at least for base timing so what should I do to optimize my performance?

I ran 20? of static advance and a MSD BTM to pull timing with boost. It sort of worked but that is more than microsquirt money as is.

That's playing with fire. At a certain point your EZK is already at max ignition retard and if you add more boost, it won't retard any more and that will cause detonation. The reason you would bump timing on EZK would be to get a bit more low and midrange torque.

You can always reprogram the timing map and burn a chip for it and stick it in your 2.2 ezk box that you cut the stock chip out of and put a socket in. Turnerpro xdf and ezk files here..

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=268066

Best to probably pay me to burn a 40 pin dip chip if that is the route you want to go. Hard to find a programmer that will do it correctly. I had to modify mine so it would work.

The tuned bin I have has more timing low and less up high built for more boost!

Last edited:
Back