• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Which M46 Shift Fork Assembly Parts

ellist

Performing a transmission swap. Installing a M46 into a non-turbo, 83/242 that currently has an automatic. Shift fork is in the bell housing and now I'm trying to understand what attaches to the end of the clutch cable.

I figure I gotta have 43 and 32 no matter what. That looks like the return spring and a retainer for the clutch cable.
o Do I also need 31, 33 and 30?
o If I'm understanding this correctly I either need 30 by itself OR 31 and 33 together. Is that correct?
o If that is correct what is recommended for a non turbo car?

1. Does anyone know the part number for items 34 and 35? My books run out before reaching them.
2. Do 7 , 8 , 9 mount to the hole I have to drill in the firewall for the clutch cable to pass through?
3. Number 7 looks like a solid piece but I'm assuming that's a gasket and not a plate.

#34 is part #977252, #35 is part #944729. It's been updated to a pin with a groove and a clip instead of the hole with a cotter pin.

6faebdd06cee38d961c586112b3f9fa1.jpg
47e307a4807d465cb6b1e389fdeb1bb4.jpg

#7 is a block off plate for panels that already have the hole for the clutch master. #8 & #9 are the nut plate and gasket for mounting the clutch master.

First of all. I can't thank you enough for the information. These old green books are great but get me in a pinch now and again.

You answered my question concerning parts 8 and 9 and used the term "clutch master". Does that mean 8,9 are only needed if I'm using a hydraulic clutch setup?

I'm adding all these little bits to my TASCA shopping cart.

Last edited:
After looking at the catalog again, #7 & #8 are there to reinforce the panel for turbo cars, presumably because they came with stiffer clutches. They have nothing to do with the clutch master.

Back