• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Full on flood of fuel

Microsquirt 3.0 using the VND5N07 is notorouous for driver failures, even if everything is correct.

The VND5N07 was superseded to a different part that hasn?t seemed to suffer any failures yet, but I forgot off the top of my head what the part number was. Josh @ YoshiFab would know as this is an issue we fought for quite a while on Jesse?s 242.

When I say flooded I mean there was literally a puddle of gas 2 ft. in diameter under car where one of the loose V-band let it out and a fog of gas vapor, probably lucky it didn't end up in a fireball.
Send it off to DIY (or B&G?) and get it fixed by the experts. I wouldn't trust the remaining injector driver since one has failed already (and if you add more resistance, you may run into problems getting the injectors to open reliably).

Send it off to DIY (or B&G?) and get it fixed by the experts. I wouldn't trust the remaining injector driver since one has failed already (and if you add more resistance, you may run into problems getting the injectors to open reliably).

It's definitely running leaner, I still have over an amp going to each. Is the lean fix as easy as adding 25% to the ve table or the required fuel to match the added resistance? I've sent an email to diy see what the lead time was for repair.

An injector is a spring-loaded solenoid. The spring holds it closed, the magnetic coil pulls it opened when current is flowing. The opening force is proportional to the current -- higher current means it snaps open faster. If you add resistance, the current drops and it opens more slowly. Eventually, as the current is further reduced, it won't open at all, or won't open fully.

For tuning, you can try increasing the injector dead time. You shouldn't need to adjust the VE if the injectors are still fully opening, albeit more slowly.

I'm going to have it repaired, they quoted me $100 to replace/upgrade the drivers, I feel like they ought to cover the $75.00 labor though since they're admitting they changed the part. I will split the load between the two drivers when I get it back.

If you find out what the replacement injector driver part numbers are, or if anyone else knows, please post so the rest of us can think about replacing them _before_ they fail. If this were an ECU from any production car, you'd be besieged by attorneys looking for a class action lawsuit over a potentially deadly defect.

I received the microsquirt back today with a no charge invoice. It says the upgraded the drivers and "added 36v", any idea what that means? I have give big props to diyautotune for fixing something that was my fault. On another note after doing a little internetting I found out Al Grippo lives less than a mile from me.

Back