• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

B230 running unusually cool?

ICantDrift

My B230 is running unnaturally cool and I'm not sure why. I just did a whole set of WP gaskets and seals, filled it with water, and let the air bubbles work their way out. Now the gauge is unusually low. Even after letting it warm up all the way, it drops back down to about 1/4 sweep and stays there where it usually sits about halfway up the gauge. No faker gauge either. Any help or ideas are appreciated. Thanks

Maybe the cooling system is now working properly? Provided the engine is running fine otherwise, I wouldn't sweat it.

-J

Thermostat broken. I have replaced at least 10 OEM thermostats over the past 4-5 years that were broken. That loop that holds the pellet and spring in place breaks off leaving the thermostat wide open. If you just take the upper hose off the T-stat housing you can see if that has happened.

I've had this happen randomly. I attributed it to crappy gauge, crappy connection at ECT sensor, fresh coolant yutzing some crap out of or into the way, or... as we say in aviaiton. "PFM" Pure Sexing Magic.

Weird no pattern reading is the bypass board
Repeatable bad readings is the sender
No readings is the sender/gauge
Always cool - thermostat wide open

... as we say in aviaiton. "PFM" Pure Sexing Magic.

. . . or in the radio/electronics/software trades simply 'FM'. . . .

I had an instructor desperately trying to teach me IBM main frame control language. He never did grasp our use of the term 'FM'. but the group never did grasp a lot of the terms he used.

I'd second taking an IR thermometer and checking the temps at upper and lower hoses + t-stat housing. Thermostat is a cheap replacement too. After that, checking sensors I guess.

Back