• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 LH2.4 Lining up the flywheel

D3LaHk

91 244 lh2.4 flywheel 5spd m47

I have to pull the trans to fix my timing issue, as the flywheel is bolted wrong (my fault didnt know)

so basically How do I bolt it up to line it up for it to be good?

I put engine to TDC then were is the reference to bolt it to the crank?

thanks

What has been said. And you only have 8 choices, so if it isn't right, it should be obvious. Don't trust the crank pulley...go by a timing mark for TDC that can't move that reads TDC on the power stroke on #1. I double check the cam gear against the dist against the crank gear as if I were doing a T-belt before putting the flywheel back on.

im going to set it to TDC on the cam and check the dizzy and crank should line to 0, once all is well, ill put it like the pic, i hope i can get it running, open downpipe that should be nice and loud

Tdc

When you find TDC for #1, take off the oil fill cap and look at the cam, lobes for #1 will be at 3 and 9 o'clock, valves are closed for the power stroke.

it runs great now, timing is all back to normal, i was off 1 hole

thx

Time to bump this old baby from the grave!!

Im trying to trace down an issue with the wagon im putting together and I THINK this could be the issue. I do recall aligning it properly but im not positive..

Anyways, did the car start at all and if so how'd it run? If anyone had been through this, any info would help..

Pull the trans shield and look if the gap is there when you are about 90 degrees from TDC. Much easier than pulling the starter.

Back