• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

T5 Speedometer 93 245?

EivlEvo

So like... since photobucket raped all the pics. Searching is being kind of wonky on this topic.

What are my options for speedometer for this swap?

1. Some sort of variable resistor that I can't see pics of where to wire?
2. Wire to my rear diff? (car has ABS)
3. Drive using Waze app?
4. Lick finger and hold it out the window like a makeshift pitot tube?

What am I supposed to do here?

Strange request. If this is a T5 (the transmission), and your '93 rear end and '93 speedo hasn't changed, your electronic speedo should work as it did before. BUT if you're bent on switching to a cable speedo, here you go: https://yoshifab.com/store/t5-mechanical-speedometer-cable.html
Dave B

So like... since photobucket raped all the pics. Searching is being kind of wonky on this topic.

What are my options for speedometer for this swap?

1. Some sort of variable resistor that I can't see pics of where to wire?
2. Wire to my rear diff? (car has ABS)
3. Drive using Waze app?
4. Lick finger and hold it out the window like a makeshift pitot tube?

What am I supposed to do here?

Dave. I'm not.

I THOUGHT I remembered reading that I wouldn't even need to mess with the speedo on the 93, but I couldn't find the thread for the life of me, and then I stumbled across a handful of other threads where people were waffling back and forth over ABS vs. non ABS and I was just like ah crap... did I forget something?

Asking dumb questions before I make dumb mistakes...

Maybe someone with an electric speedo 240 can offer more. I've never owned one and certainly I'm not an expert on them. But that's my understanding of it. But if for some reason you find things will not working as expected (suppose you swap rear ends), there are also options for aftermarket speedo signal generators that read your driveshaft speed and will run the electric speedo as needed.

As long as he doesn't swap out the differential or speedometer, he won't need to change anything. Speedometer signal on an electronic speedo car is entirely based on the tone ring in the differential and doesn't care about the transmission.

As long as he doesn't swap out the differential or speedometer, he won't need to change anything. Speedometer signal on an electronic speedo car is entirely based on the tone ring in the differential and doesn't care about the transmission.

Sick!

Can confirm. Recently T5 swapped my 1993 240, and the speedo still works totally fine. The t5 I swapped in has its own speed sensor that the Mustang used, but that's unplugged and not hurting anybody.

Back