• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

940 + hy35 and no BOV, stalling

I've had one of those recirc valves with the 34mm outlets on mine for a few weeks now. Can't hear it when it operates (just hope it works!) There's a lot of them on ebay for not a lot - mostly chinese knock offs I guess. Biggest problem is finding the right size pipe for your set up with a 34mm T piece.
Incidently, I had the same - LH2.4 with tloa chips & deka injectors but was running rich on start up & WOT(as in rich bog)- is that a problem on your set up?
Tim

I've had one of those recirc valves with the 34mm outlets on mine for a few weeks now. Can't hear it when it operates (just hope it works!) There's a lot of them on ebay for not a lot - mostly chinese knock offs I guess. Biggest problem is finding the right size pipe for your set up with a 34mm T piece.
Incidently, I had the same - LH2.4 with tloa chips & deka injectors but was running rich on start up & WOT(as in rich bog)- is that a problem on your set up?
Tim
Do you have a picture of yours installed?

Hard to say as I've only had it out for one test drive, the problem I've got is it stalls when you depress the clutch when coming up to a junction, I'm going to spray the hose joints this afternoon and look for any air leaks.
Ben.

I've just had a thought, I removed my charcoal canister due to space issues, could this be causing me these issues?

Doubt it, I removed mine, looped out the stubs and it?s fine, just got to make sure the fuel tank breather pipe is moved/extended to avoid a fuel smell/ fumes occasionally . I did move my AMM to just before the TB and fitted a BOV previously however . No issues with starting, idling or accelerating.

Doubt it, I removed mine, looped out the stubs and it?s fine, just got to make sure the fuel tank breather pipe is moved/extended to avoid a fuel smell/ fumes occasionally . I did move my AMM to just before the TB and fitted a BOV previously however . No issues with starting, idling or accelerating.

Is that the two ports on the throttle body?

I thought about moving the amm but don't like the idea of oil contamination.

Yes, that?s them. A more permanent solution would be threaded blanks but for now it?s fine. If you?re worried about oil contamination just vent the block to atmosphere.

I?m not a fan of trying to keep clean cold air going in, then introducing hot oily air deliberately TBH. Are you going to the Volvo600 meet at Bruntingthorpe?

Back