• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

KJet tank pump versus LH?

swiftjustice44

Central Coast Brickyard
OK, I know that KJet runs higher fuel pressure than LH. The KJet inline pump is an upgrade, right? So...my question is, how about the in-tank lift pumps? Is there any substantial difference between the KJet and LH? I have a brand new NOS Pierburg in-line KJet pump...just wondering if I need to swap in-tank pump as well.

I thought the LH in-tank was an upgrade over the K-Jet in-tank pump?

IIRC, the K-jet pump was minimal flow/pressure, only something like ~3psi where the LH pump was something like ~7psi? My memory is failing me here, hopefully somebody else chimes in...

OK. The question is regarding my 80 GT that I'm converting to LH2.4 turbo. I have an 044 for the inline which is better than the Kjet Pierburg, just want to use the best intank lift pump of the ones I have. So the 740T lift pump is better than either the Kjet or LH n/a lift pumps? Anyone know how much pressure or volume?

OK. The question is regarding my 80 GT that I'm converting to LH2.4 turbo. I have an 044 for the inline which is better than the Kjet Pierburg, just want to use the best intank lift pump of the ones I have. So the 740T lift pump is better than either the Kjet or LH n/a lift pumps? Anyone know how much pressure or volume?

Not sure on pressure, but the kit that IPD sells is worth it. I have installed many of them and it really helps kjet cars, overall an upgrade say the least.

Back