• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Back to the drawing board...6-speed options for a Redblock?

Hence my incentive to make the S2000 tranny work...little lower first and one more up top.

As for weight, the T5 is about 105lbs and the T56, almost 130lbs. My S2000 tranny is 99lbs.

Starting to think I can make a custom clutch, with S2000 splines on a 940T clutch disc, use the 940 pressure plate and lh2.4 flywheel and just weld the flange of the redblock bell housing to the s2000 unit.

I hope it'll be that easy.

t5 is not 105lbs....actual shipping weight on one of the ones that I got was like 82 lbs

...just weld the flange of the redblock bell housing to the s2000 unit.

I hope it'll be that easy.

Definitely post pics. If you find such a process to be just "that easy" we can all learn from you.

IMO it's only even possible with a fairly well equipped machine shop and a pretty hairy-chested welding machine.

Iron M46 w/bellhousing was about 105 on a bathroom scale. M47 is 80-something. T5 feels about like an M47. Having hefted an iron M46 up and down from a loft on a ladder...T5 is not in the same league, weight-wise.

this might be a good excuse to break out my new 200amp inverter AC/DC Tig :)

I would not attempt it with a 200amp machine. I have a Dynasty 200dx and it'd have a very hard time with it. Maybe with lots and lots of preheat, but really it's out of a 200amp machine's league.

I would not attempt it with a 200amp machine. I have a Dynasty 200dx and it'd have a very hard time with it. Maybe with lots and lots of preheat, but really it's out of a 200amp machine's league.

bummer...I've never Tig'd anything over .060" in aluminum and that was 20 years ago :(

oxy/acet rig time?

put a 3.13 final drive in the car and you would be ok.. Cant say that that trans would be my first pick.. they arent known for being that strong but good luck.. If I was to do it I would look into the trans from a 350z G35 or frontier.. its a super strong trans and can be found for less than 600 bucks.. seen people put over 1100 whp threw them..

-Sam

I doubt anyone with a 1100 hp setup is running a factory nissan tranny. I dont think you know how much 1100 whp actually is.

So maybe I can assume to hitup some local welding shops....they may be able to do this for me.

So far, I think I'm narrowing my hurdles down to whether or not a dog dish flywheel and turbo clutch with PP fit on the S2000 shaft...the rest is just welding and aligning, no?

I've got no clue on how to mount a hydraulic T/O bearing... do they just slip on or need something to hold it in place...maybe a small plate to use the three bolts around the input shaft?

Do they come in different sizes and reaches...assuming that's going to be a factor, no?

I figure with the availability of custom order clutches, it shouldn't be a problem using the S2000 input shaft, as is...just dependent on whether or not I can fit all the LH2.4 jazz with some form of T/O bearing, and maybe a custom pilot bearing too.

The G35/350z 6 speed is very robust. But it has the same problem many modern trannie's have; integrated bellhousings. But with some work, a bellhousing could be adapted to any of them. I guess it's the problem of researching all the processes and making sure it works in the end. This is on my list of things to try and maybe market in the future. I would like to create a process that can adapt more than one tranny to a volvo bell housing. Like the s6s 420g getrag or the G35 one. But since I am a poor guy, the idea is mostly dream.

PJ

^ I'm sure it is, but the S2000 AZ6 is very strong too, and very affordable.

if my hunch works, this will be a competitively affordable swap with the T5 stuffs.

I doubt anyone with a 1100 hp setup is running a factory nissan tranny. I dont think you know how much 1100 whp actually is.

X2! :rofl::rofl:

Thats cause T-Brickers can't keep their cars running with just 10lbs of boost, let alone whatever aspirator and boost it takes to get to ELEVEN, hundred.

:wtf:

Yep, the Honda tranny wasn't really elected because I dream of high levels of boost, but I'm asking my car to handle a significant enough level of power, beyond stock, that the stock M46 and M47's won't really suffice.

So as a cost effective solution, and JY-Dawg methods, this will make it in my ride, and be displayed here, for other T-Brickers to attempt and try, for their near stock setups, or slightly modified motors, running a civil range of HP and torques, all the way to the 350ish range.

Not trying to break land speed records here.

:-P

Back