home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > projects & restorations

Old 06-10-2018, 10:42 AM   #26
Mbeas96
Board Member

I could definitely see the engine rocking in 1st. Lots o torque! Ill have to look into getting a small camera I can put under there, but ill be driving it today for at least 10 miles, so we will see. Hopefully since I have hd motor mounts with less than 10k and a hd trans mount with less than 5k miles, along with that damper it won't hit...

But if it does, solid hockey puck motor mounts next?

My build thread: http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=340910

Last edited by Mbeas96; 06-10-2018 at 06:08 PM..
Mbeas96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 06:22 PM   #27
Mbeas96
Board Member

I drove it a little today, not to much, but I did get into boost a good bit in 1st and didn't hear or feel anything abnormal. (Like the engine hitting the brace) but I will say that you can feel a difference with the brace, the car feels more stable around bends. Its more fun to drive. And when you add the damper as well, you can REALLY feel the engine vibrations. When I start the car I can feel the engine vibrations in the steering wheel.

Since its tying the engine together with the suspension, by the damper that's connected to the strut brace, it should keep the engine movement to a minimum. Even at the expense of some vibrations at the wheel, I think imma keep it on there just to keep my hydraulic motor miunts from bouncing around too much and wearing out early

Plus another wash, and decided to clean the engine bay. No good in having a newly painted reblock if its dirty!

I need to look into camera options...getting tired of posting pics with half of the shot glared by the sun
Mbeas96 is online now   Reply With Quote