• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The Professor continued.

Curt_pnw

Hey guys.
I'll be using this thread to dump all my pictures and document progress on the Professor. The car has been well taken care of by Danny and Dave and it will be a great base to move forward with.
Since buying, I have been dailying the car and using it for long road trips, etc. Very pleased with the car, though a snail is what it really needs. The good thing is I have almost everything I need to do a +t swap. Other than that, I plan on spacing the wheels out a bit, especially in the rear. Might get some different springs for the rear to make it slightly lower and less bouncy.

Some recent pictures...

At Ansel's house picking up the B230ft.
246915_10150192158032854_699722853_6866762_4441793_n.jpg

A couple rollers from my drive to Lake Chelan this week.
267611_2207268500661_1215873540_32756570_8117855_n.jpg

262257_2207267900646_1215873540_32756567_2511643_n.jpg

264897_1730751840400_1586610131_31317486_6851392_n.jpg

This weekend I will be moving our tools and work benches into the shop my dad and I have been building so I can actually get some work done. Hopefully i'll have some progress next week after we get settled in.

-Curt

Sweet, you got my hooptie in the picture!

I trust you'll do good things with this car for sure, will be following this thread.

haha thanks. Funny thing is your old engine is still in the back of the 850. I need to get that thing out of there this weekend. lol

i hope you do good things with this car :lol:
there have been about 5 inspirational volvos in my life (all 240s :lol:)
and this is one of them. i absolutely love everything about this car.
and i like the ideas you have so far, ft, spacers, keep this beauty lookin sexy :drool:

i hope you do good things with this car :lol:
there have been about 5 inspirational volvos in my life (all 240s :lol:)
and this is one of them. i absolutely love everything about this car.
and i like the ideas you have so far, ft, spacers, keep this beauty lookin sexy :drool:

Haha thanks, I always thought this car was inspirational as well. I can't believe I own it now. :lol:

As we all know, these cars need maintenance too, not just turbos and lots of boost. This weekend was dedicated to keeping the car doing what it should.

My brakes had gotten really bad last week, and I just figured it was the master cylinder since it had all the right symptoms. Dave had included one with the car, so I had everything I needed... So I thought. Turns out a few brake lines had been rubbing on other components and finally created some holes. That's why I had no pressure at all in the system. I replaced the MS anyways and went and bought new lines. Put those on and flushed/bled the system. I also adjusted the clutch cable because it wasn't disengaging the clutch all the way before, so shifting was kind of a chore. It feels like a whole new car now with good brakes and a smooth shifting gear box.

Some pics to keep you guys happy. :oogle:
5950124434_5ce5b3dcd0_b.jpg

I did some cleaning too since I had all the Eikers off. lol. And yes, I need new tires. I'll be ordering some new ones in the next week or so.
5949567435_d5182dd0f5_b.jpg

5950125784_90d48bd0c4_b.jpg

The culprit. We made sure to route the new lines so they did not contact other parts with load on the suspension.
5949567481_5eb45e6d2d_b.jpg

Color matched jack stands. :cool:
5949568935_2d74dac2c5_b.jpg

Funny.. Just read the build thread of the garage over at garagejournal.com.
Great job. Know the car also from Danny's posts over at VS.

Good luck with both of the projects.

Dang son, that garage is off the hizook. Looking forward to progress on "the professor", I've always loved that car.

Thanks Johann for posting the link and for the compliments. My dad and I still can't believe we have a nice shop now, it's crazy to be working in such a place compared to a year ago when we worked outside under tarps and on aggregate concrete/gravel. Keep working hard towards your dreams, and eventually you will have them. Proved true for my dad.

As for the volvo, next thing to get are tires and motor mounts. I was thinking about getting the RSI poly mounts since they are inexpensive and most likely good quality. Any other suggestions?

Stick with either OEM diesel mounts or regular mounts. The largest part of engine mount failure on the 2 series comes from the lack of a third mount which was later added with the 7 and 9. To rectify this, placing a ratchet strap on an eyelet on the engine near the intake manifold and running it to the strut tower will make your mounts last for basically forever as the strap ends up taking up most of the shock from the engine's natural lumpiness.

People seem to have good luck with OEM diesel mounts.
Cool, thanks for the suggestion. I'll probably go with those.

Here's a preview of a shoot that happened today of my car and a friend's 245. The photographer is a good friend of mine, Mike Gilbert, who is really skilled with a camera.
tumblr_lp59qyzH2N1qisni3o1_500.png

:cool:

And I really appreciate the compliments guys, it gets me motivated to keep improving the car and the garage.

Back