• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Tips for getting a bit more revs? B230FT

The 19t turbine is a bit on the small side, but it will do the job :)

JohnV: I know the stock cosworth cams are mild, but that 16v has significantly larger valve area and (wild guess) better flow than a stock 530 with stock valves and just ~10mm lift. There is a reason why t-cams are of zero value, other than perhaps saving you 60cm of rebar if you should need that some day

The 19t turbine is a bit on the small side, but it will do the job :)

JohnV: I know the stock cosworth cams are mild, but that 16v has significantly larger valve area and (wild guess) better flow than a stock 530 with stock valves and just ~10mm lift. There is a reason why t-cams are of zero value, other than perhaps saving you 60cm of rebar if you should need that some day

There is one thing..Look at when the intake valve closes ABDC eller efter nedre d?d punkten eller va fan det kallas...

And then kolla when all the others close ABDC...Post it OK?

Then we can see what sort of compression you really have when taking intake valve closing into account...

There is one thing..Look at when the intake valve closes ABDC eller efter nedre d?d punkten eller va fan det kallas...

And then kolla when all the others close ABDC...Post it OK?

Then we can see what sort of compression you really have when taking intake valve closing into account...

Why should I dig up info you need to figure out the dynamic cr of an yb? Real life tests have shown time and time again that something other than the t(ragic)-cam will help an 8valve bofors-engine breathe better, rev out better and produce more power

Why should I dig up info you need to figure out the dynamic cr of an yb? Real life tests have shown time and time again that something other than the t(ragic)-cam will help an 8valve bofors-engine breathe better, rev out better and produce more power

Du putten, ja vet YB dynamisk komp, ja ville visa vad dynamisk komp ?r med ''T'' o n?gra andrea 8v R?dmotor kammar..Igen har bryt sig om att visa skillnaden..

Kom igjen, vis oss. Vi venter i spenning!

Jag har icke siffror f?r Volvo ?ppning o st?ngning tider..Alla h?rborta bara s?gen, g?ng p? g?ng att ''Jag tycker om det'' som svar..En del referera tabeller med lydt o dur. Som har varit citerat sedan f?rrra ?rhundredet. Och det ?r inte n?g information..

Kanske det ?r l?nl?st..mer o mer ?ver ?ren i stort sett s? m?nga olika ?mnen, det enda som r?knas ?r ''ja vet inte n?t om _______________, men jag tycker om min___________''

S? kanske jag ska g?ra som all andra... :neener: jag tycker om T kmmen, vrid som fan ocj varavar till 6250 skit snab..

?vertygat?:oogle:

Like all the small ****kids nowdays I used the internet.

T-cam:
t-kam.jpg

A-cam
a-kam.jpg

b230 (abdc from t-cam in this picture):
dyncr1.jpg

results:

t-cam:
dyncr-tkam.jpg

a-cam
dyncr-akam.jpg

if your car has the B230FK engine (LPT) maybe you should also inspect the airbox, the lower part only has 1 small intake orifice.
The B230FT has more (2 or 3?) but the box itself is the same. Just cut out the plastic blanks that are left in the LPT-airbox. That way the engine can breath a bit free-er
DSCF4921.jpg

Hey man, thanks for the tip! It's not the low pressure FT, but the 165 BHP version, and i already fitted a KN panelfilter - never occured to me to look for flow improvements in the box itself. I'll go have a look-see with my trusty Dremel :)

I have this KL-Racing T2 cam in the shelf with KL-Racing camgear. i will instal it few weeks later in to my B230ft +16t, but first i want to dyno with stock T cam, and them with this KL-Racing, i will give some numbers after dyno
if needed some photos or measurments, i can add

Last edited:
16t with 7cm housing. Ported.wg closed.
Custom up pipe for turbo.
80mm downpipe and 76mm exhaust
Audi external WG with screamer pipe.
Bosch 044 fuel pump
1.5liter fuel surge tank.
Big IC from Iveco truck.
Fpr,
Stock T cam, stock injectors, stock AMM and lh2.2.

and here is the engine sound compare with T cam and KL-Racing T2 :) sounds very nice, with stock cam timing no torque in low revs, but hi revs is very hard till redline . few days later i will play with cam gear,and maybe make some differences in low end :))
https://youtu.be/BZl6f6jgXag

Back