• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Shim settings for rsi stage 2

That's who's drama I'm trying to sort out. The person who designed the cam flat out refusing to give any sort of information to make the cam usable makes it ****ing useless.

Yep, I wouldn't be supprised if he picked up a solid 50whp with cam swap. I think they must have ****ed up the lobe phasing going with a split duration cam because the stage 3 seems to be the only one worth a damn

Yep, I wouldn't be supprised if he picked up a solid 50whp with cam swap. I think they must have ****ed up the lobe phasing going with a split duration cam because the stage 3 seems to be the only one worth a damn

I'm pretty convinced whoever designed the stgII cam either had no idea what they were doing, or they knew it was a crap profile and banked on the "two stroke" characteristics of the exhaust profile to make people's cars "feel" fast to justify the purchase.

I'm pretty convinced whoever designed the stgII cam either had no idea what they were doing, or they knew it was a crap profile and banked on the "two stroke" characteristics of the exhaust profile to make people's cars "feel" fast to justify the purchase.
[...] I think they must have ****ed up the lobe phasing going with a split duration cam because the stage 3 seems to be the only one worth a damn

I worked so hard to get my stage I cam in that last group buy, you're making me sad. Are there no justifiably satisfied customers?

Are there no justifiably satisfied customers?

Satisfaction is a relative term. In the redblock world, most people are satisfied with having an aftermarket part, regardless if that part operates ideally or not. For such a limited market, most people can't absorb the cost of development to make things better because people aren't willing to pay for it.

The RSI stage II cam has potential in a very narrow range of builds, likely developed around one of their specific engine builds. Unfortunately, it doesn't suit the common upgrade path very well. That's my beef with it. And since they're willing to reveal very little about even the basic criteria of properly utiliing this cam for fear of "releasing manufacturing information" there's no way to actually use the part for what it was designed for.

To that extent, the redblock I'm working with now left a customer very unsatisfied because the operating characteristics of a cam advertised as seemingly mild had a powerband that was only usable in the last 500 rpm of the rev range.

From RSI's site before things went under

RSI Stage II Camshaft

The RSI Stage II turbo camshaft was designed with broad power in mind, it works great with stock valvetrain and will rev reliably to 6800RPM.

The Stage II cam works great with moderate to wild mods and works well in the 270whp-420whp range. Our Stage II camshaft is a dual pattern cam with a larger lobe on the exhaust side as a means to help counterbalance the disproportionately small exhaust valve/flow in our 8v heads.

This is a cam for 2.3L or more. Needs to really breath. We highly recommend a header and larger turbo to really take advantage of this cam. This cam is not suitable for daily driven automatics as this cam really turns on at 3000+ RPM. This cam works great with stock valvetrain to 6800RPM.

Intake Lift: 11.38mm
Intake Duration: 238 degrees at .020"
Exhaust Lift: 11.96mm
Exhaust Duration: 270 degrees at .020"
Lobe separation: 116 degrees

This means: "KG2T - TURBO cam for turbo use.
Increases torque at low rpm?s - clearly noticable in
city/heavy traffic situations. Also an increase in torque at
mid to high rpm. Revs more freely."

Cam data: Intake lift 10.5mm (0.413")
Exhaust lift 11.9mm (0.469")
Nock angle 114 degrees
Duration 300 degrees

Back