• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

My 242, Now What Do I Do?

After many hours of prep (filler/sanding) she got the sealer coat applied today. Next is hi-build and more sanding!

Straightened the filler/pulled the clips/sanded/filler/sanded/hi build primered the whole car and the parts;

Today I'm letting the primer dry (raining and high humidity) so I'm turning my attention to prepping the b210ft and m46...

This Trans will be set aside and stored

As will the intake and exhaust/turbo

So I tore into the engine so I could get a break from painting!

First split off the aw71- going to use the
M46

Original engine

In amazing condition!

New rms is in!

The pan comes off tomorrow; what seals should I put on in there? I have seals for the balance shaft and the front camshaft. Thanks!

Thanks! It was a two owner car (first being Volvo of N America). Second owner purchased in 1999 and had it since. It needs typical p80 love (pcv, ac evaporator, heater core...) but it's clean save for the bumpers (Boston city car). Interior is really nice, tires fresh, brakes good so it's a good start!

As for the 242, I'll be putting down color this week! Been block sanding and hi build primering for the past two weeks! It should look good when I'm done!

Thanks Jason! Yes we do; sealer tomorrow. Sanding..................... today.

180 long board, 220 palm board, 320 long board, 600 hand

It is finished.

Moon man cometh

Thanks! There are many inspiring builds that have helped me figure out what I want to do. I enjoy reading and learning about the enhancements!

Finally some color! Part 1 is the door jams and loose stuff (spoiler, hood hinges, hood and both trunk lids, etc). Had some base left over so I shot the engine bay too. I really like the color!

The color on the phone camera looks darker grey, but it is definitely blue. My shop lighting is not the greatest! Tomorrow I'll shoot the body; almost there!

Thanks guys. I have more time on the hood than the rest of the car! This one was rough... next time I'm going for a better condition hood, lol!

Back