• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pdx dl

Oh Billy!

:rofl::rofl:

I need to clarify: It's not the harness that passes from the roof to the gate. It's the short ground wire that is attached to either end of the hinge. It does not appear to be removable and is challenging to access. Perhaps an additional wire through the hinge to complete the ground circuit between the gate and the chassis. Stay tuned...

I know this, but the ground wire could be done the same way

Thx boss.

May go after the passenger side hinge in the next week or two. Any bets on whether this will fix my long-running power door lock issue? I hope so.

Best car I've ever owned...

Think this thing barks flames at night on decel? That would be sweet.

079-M.jpg

If mine can, that thing can for sure.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ig3eYoQCfQY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thx boss.

May go after the passenger side hinge in the next week or two. Any bets on whether this will fix my long-running power door lock issue? I hope so.

Best car I've ever owned...

Think this thing barks flames at night on decel? That would be sweet.

079-M.jpg

Maybe if the cylinder head wasn't blown from lobbing a regrind in there without reshimming.

:e-shrug:

Been busy, been sick. Checked the passenger hinge wiring with an ohm meter. All is well. Buttoned her up and took her out for the first time since Davis.

Saab T arrived. Looking forward to IPD and maybe a road rally or two. Probably take the Cooper S to Leavenworth (A/C).

IMG_7399-M.jpg

Last edited:
I know a guy with a T5 swapped into an otherwise stock 240 sedan. According to him it's soooo worth it, makes the car a much nicer drive, even at stock power levels

Ran up to the Vancouver PnP as they just got a '93 244. But, she was a hard front hit and the pulley on the (small reservoir) PS pump was bent. So, I grabbed some repeater lamps from another Volvo and called it a day.

Passing by, I stopped at IPD to pick up the special-order tail gate wire harness. Thought I'd keep a spare set in case my repairs are short lived. Also grabbed a temp gauge "faker delete" kit.

Got the Saab-T installed. Playing with various temp fan switches. And leaks.

Hey Brit! How's your summer?

Couldn't go to my biggest Volvo event of the year because my passport and everything that keeps me legally in Canada went AWOL. Then 3 feet of exhaust fell off my 240 on the day the registration sticker ran out on my other car. In order to renew that sticker that car needs a new cat. Good thing my work is like a 10 minute walk. Waiting on enough money to put a full, much larger diameter exhaust on the 240. I'm thinking 2.75", because most people run 3" on turbo setups and 2.5" on n/a, and I am supposed to be +t-ing the thing eventually.

EDIT: I may as well put that in my own thread

Back