• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Alternative to 16v brake booster.

11BC2

After pulling the 16v vacuum booster from a donor car, I thought it looked familiar.
Very familiar.
With the exception of having an adjustable clevis yoke (with a slightly larger hole), a booster from a BMW E30 chassis appears to be virtually identical.
The Volvo master cylinder fits and the bolt pattern on the chassis side also fits directly onto a 740.

Very useful to know, thanks.
This also suggests that BMW master cylinders of the era might be a good swap for someone looking for a larger piston for bigger brake calipers. Perhaps the E32 750i or E30 M3 Master Cylinders.

Very useful to know, thanks.
This also suggests that BMW master cylinders of the era might be a good swap for someone looking for a larger piston for bigger brake calipers. Perhaps the E32 750i or E30 M3 Master Cylinders.

Yes, I was looking at e32 7 series brake master cylinder for big brake swap. 25.4mm and 27.8mm bore. Quite € though.
VW T4 van looked good too, short/compact cylinder and cheap.

Last edited:
Yes, I was looking at e32 7 series brake master cylinder for big brake swap. 25.4mm and 27.8mm bore. Quite ? though.
VW T4 van looked good too, short/compact cylinder and cheap.

More good info, thanks. Have you tried any of them?

Back