• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Early 240 steering wheel removal question

Thanks guys, original steering wheel wasn't damaged during removal, new one looking good.

JLAzMf6l.jpg

Nice, I like. Is your car Carlsbad Yellow, 128?
On my 79, the factory wheel looks perfect however the rubber has separated from the steel core, and its like steering with a water-weenie.
While the last comment was a joke, I do know people who purposely put wheels crooked because the wheel blocks a gauge or something.

140 wheels are always hard to remove, 240 wheels not so much so.

Had a heck of a time getting the one off of my 82. Come to think of it, I don't know if I ever did get it off. I did wonder at the time if the column had been replaced because the car had been in a front end and then fixed by docksteader volvo in 84. A few things on that car were loose and a few were wayyyy to tight. Plus it had allen heads where security bolts are supposed to be?? I had a receipt but no breakdown of what they did.

Thanks, I would have to look up the code again to be sure what color it is. I'm getting it repainted the same color at some point so I better check..
Haha, I've had those steering wheels before, kinda gross feeling.

The bolt was the only real problem, had to really hammer it off, and same putting it back on.

Back