• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Volvo, Bosch, Napa or Mann Oil filter

volvo gt

Hey All,

Can anyone recommend the best Brand oil filters for the Red-blocks?

What extra or better do we get going Volvo all the way? Are Bosch just as good or Mann? I imagine that Fram is all hyped to be good but they really aren't. With so many miles I change oil around 3000 miles.

Your comments/opinions are valued!

Thank you..

That's the one I use on my Ranger 2.3L German engineered LIMA engine

I use the MANN filters on my Volvos...

Volvo brand filters are as good as the MANN, and about $10 each at dealer

FRAM is great...for your pushrod domestic v8...not really engineered for Volvo motors

What's the check valve opening pressure on that?

2005motorcraftoilfilter.jpg

Too bad the manufactures know the answers and cannot gives us their test results. They are all good but the "Best"
is hard to know... Mann is affordable. Motorcraft is a new consideration. I usually go Volvo...

the real question is what filter should I be using on my d24????I see giant ones and theres regular mann ones

WIX or Napa gold is a top shelf filter. Pay for it too. About 7 bucks each or so. Purolater is good also they have a gold line- higher quality. Go on WIXfilters.com and browse away.

Regular filters I use Motorcraft FL1A. Have had no problems and I use it a lot. Its the same pressure open and bypass as the short filter or what is supposed to be on there. On 7/9 series I don't think you can run the bigger filter.

There is actually three different lengths you can use. Short , Medium, and Long.
Oils and your engine are so clean nowdays it doesn't really matter what you use, as long as you change it frequently and whatnot.

What's burst pressure of Volvo and Mann filters?

If I didn't already think redblocks and limas were so similar, now they take the same filter? Blowing my mind!

Not true.

It's about the filter element, and having the right amount of oil in the pan ready to be picked up, neither of which a 'big' filter guarantees.

big filter for moar oil capacity is always good for diesels, doesn't really matter for gassers....with the oil filter mod under the oil pan I just did with the cooler I can prolly squeeze in another quart....so like 11 minutes for warm up instead of the usual 10...lol

Back