• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Anyone running a Saab 228mm Pressure plate?

242Bleek

k-jet groupie
I must have searched every thread available on this forum pertaining to clutches and none of them have been much help at all, they're composed mostly of people posting pictures of pressure plates they found in the junkyard and talking about how cool it would be if they used it on their volvo:roll:

I am looking for a clutch upgrade for my driver 83 245t with M46. The car is making about 200hp and won't really be making much more than 250hp. I had a spec stage blue puck whatever whatever $450 thing and it took a sh1t after 3 months and spec told me to eat it, kinda over expensive clutches for now.

I keep hearing about the saab 228mm pressure plate having the same bolt circle as the original 215mm plate with the exception of 3 dowel pins. Anyone running this? I know the 240mm is better but I think it might be overkill for this car and don't want the hassle of redrilling the flywheel. Would the 228 be up to my goals? What is the right disk to use to match the m46 input splines? I was thinking maybe a 228mm disk from a dog dish setup? Thanks

Yep just made a hideous massive dogdish 60-2 "thang" into a flat flywheel last last week for a local 240 perv and since i had a couple of early 9000T Saab 228 pressure plate i did that for the bolt pattern---mainly cause he has a new disc..
Its different by a couple of mm..

Its Saab 900T 215mm and Volvo flat flywheel B21T 215mm pressure plates which directly interchange..

Early 9000T16 228 though looks to be a good 'un..good price. (around 88-90 bucks)

way more torquez and heavier car means need more clamp..

Maybe the OP wants a new bolt circle...Easy enough..

Yep just made a hideous massive dogdish 60-2 "thang" into a flat flywheel last last week for a local 240 perv and since i had a couple of early 9000T Saab 228 pressure plate i did that for the bolt pattern---mainly cause he has a new disc..
Its different by a couple of mm..

Its Saab 900T 215mm and Volvo flat flywheel B21T 215mm pressure plates which directly interchange..

Early 9000T16 228 though looks to be a good 'un..good price. (around 88-90 bucks)

way more torquez and heavier car means need more clamp..

Maybe the OP wants a new bolt circle...Easy enough..

So what I gather is I would still need a new bolt circle if were to use a 228mm? Is there any advantage to running the 900t 215 mm plate over the Volvo 215?

Say I were to punch out a new bolt circle and do a 240mm plate what would be the right disc to use with an m46? I looked it up and it seems the original f25 5speed that came on those 9000's had 14 spline input?

The Saab Viggen 228mm pressure plate I have bolts directly up to the stock flat flywheel. The dowels are off tho. If you have them removed and redrilled you would be good up to 300+

Just did. Here is my proof
EE194F2B-ECA7-4B57-A855-4A66A8437131.jpg

I was missing one bolt but it will bolt up just fine.

Check again.
215 900T direct to Volvo 215
Bolts and dowels off by no more than 3mm but off they both are.

Oh wait you said 215 900T directly interchange. I cannot verify that.
I have a 228 9000T and it bolts straight up.

Back