• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Not a +t, 1989 244.

mopar318

Finally working on on my 1989 244 to make it have some power. It's been through various stages and now is more of a daily/rally cross car with bilstiens and ipd sport springs on all corners. Rear end is a tru-track and has spherical TAB's. It handles in the dirt pretty good. Front end has a ipd sway bar and strut tower plates.

Winter mode

Summer mode

Anyways, it's getting a 1991 b230ft out of this running driving parts car I purchased for $300. Pushing it with the tractor here...

What I used to do with the car.

My hipster interior.

Engine comes out tomorrow. I ordered all new seals and a timing belt. Turbo feels nice and tight and didn't appear to be leaking any oil at 208k miles.

If you don't mind me asking, did you get your seals/gaskets from tasca or elsewhere? Need to get my order in soon-ish.

Sick seats.

One big reason for this project....Everytime I work on this car I look like this. Engine is coming out of the 240 soon.

Gaskets came in. Still waiting on head bolts and a few other seals. Most every is Victor Reinz and the quality is really good. All made in Germany or USA as well.

Time to plug up all the ports and pressure wash.

I took the cam over off to check out the internals. Looks very nice!

Short block is stripped down and ready for pressure washing. Foil tape keeps water out of the oil surfaces and also masks it for paint. Should I go white?

Powerwashed the block. Worked well and took off all the grime. Not ready for a oil based cleaner and primer/paint.

Hopefully it get a little warmer today so I can pressure wash the head. I put it on a surface block and it was nice a flat.

Back