• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

AW71 Slipping accompanied w/ Whirring noise

Rebuilding autos may be something worth paying some one to do if you have never done it. The cheapest and sometimes best bet is getting a known good unit (if there is such a thing) or at least the lowest mileage unit you can find and putting that in.

I have done several valve bodies, but this will be my first time getting into the rotating assembly if i do decide to rebuild. Shouldn't be too difficult if i can get a hold of a manual. Does anyone have a AW71 rebuild manual?

I have done several valve bodies, but this will be my first time getting into the rotating assembly if i do decide to rebuild. Shouldn't be too difficult if i can get a hold of a manual. Does anyone have a AW71 rebuild manual?

I do, PM me you e-mail, and as everyone else said, don't do it.

Its not that rebuilding is hard, its that you can rebuild the whole thing, spend a week doing it, spend the $200, and still not find or fix the actual problem.

Last edited:
I've done enough of them that they are pretty easy for me.

The big thing is keeping all that ish organised!! When you make the pile of ish that comes out you will not believe that it was all in there! Every last bit of it has to make it back in there with the right fresh bits, you have to replace clutches, steels, o-rings bushings and such that you get correct play in everything.... It can be done. I had a few not work over the years. All the King's Horses and All the King's Men were not getting them to work......(including the pros at the rebuilder.... The rebuilder has a dyno and can bench-test a box)...
Does not take too many boxes being a PITA to just up and take it to a good rebuilder and not have all the time in it + a warranty.

That said...... When the time comes..... I will build my own.

Back