• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vintage Rear Seats for a 144 (potential swap candidates?)

fatcatbestcat

Professional Hack
Hello, again.

I'm still working on throwing my 144 together (waiting on some engine components before I finish putting that together, then I have to do brakes and bodywork and electrics), and it just occurred to me that I don't have a rear bench seat. I'm having a really hard time finding even just a frame for sale.

I'm considering buying a non-running 164 just to pull the seats from, and I'm not sure if they'll fit.

Otherwise, does anyone know anywhere I can find 144 seat frames, or if there's another car that would make a good swap candidate for the rear seat?

They'll fit but are different. They are more "luxurious"!
Seriously, the seat foams are different. They where used on the first 142E's if I recall, with black leather.
3PGy74x.jpg

They'll fit but are different. They are more "luxurious"!
Seriously, the seat foams are different. They where used on the first 142E's if I recall, with black leather.

They look right at home there. The potential donor car is '74, and the parts are going into a '67 car - any compatibility issues as far as bolt sizes or any running changes I need to know about?

59.png

(Here's the donor car.)
Ah I see, or the image won't load.

There's a full set of seats from a 1973 142 on ebay. Local pick-up only though.
Maybe a nearby forum member can help with shipping?

Just my luck. Seats seem to grow on trees in the states. I appreciate the link, but trying to coordinate a local pickup by someone else and then shipping seems like a bit of a hassle. I'm currently messaging back and forth with the guy that sold me my car in the first place to see if he has any spare seats. If not, I'm not afraid of buying an entire car just to rip the seats and door cards from.

Hello, again.

I'm still working on throwing my 144 together (waiting on some engine components before I finish putting that together, then I have to do brakes and bodywork and electrics), and it just occurred to me that I don't have a rear bench seat. I'm having a really hard time finding even just a frame for sale.

I'm considering buying a non-running 164 just to pull the seats from, and I'm not sure if they'll fit.

Otherwise, does anyone know anywhere I can find 144 seat frames, or if there's another car that would make a good swap candidate for the rear seat?

242 - 244 seats probably fit directly or are very close.

I'd have to double-check. Most 240s close by are running, and not in scrapyards. I've seen a few 940s or 740s, but no 240s.

EDIT: Oh. D'uh. The guy I'm considering buying the 164 from for parts turns out to have an entire field of old Volvos, and he's parting all of them out.
59.png

Why is every Volvo guy I meet like this?

Last edited:
Back