• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Finally!!! 7 doors!!!

pbryantr

Member of the 107 hp club
At last my search proves fruitful! A few streets over, there was a 1980 245 that I'd seen around the neighborhood. Always admired it from a distance. One day I saw the car in the driveway being washed... and wondered... Nah. Then later the same day I see the car in front of the house with a FOR SALE sign!

270k miles, autotragic. Since it is bone friggin' stock I am having a hoot driving it. There's an exhaust leak I need to locate and I think the driveshaft has a funny thump to it, but these are going to be addressed nonetheless.

...oh, and the AC works. :cool:

Anyway, on to the pics:

Volvoequals7002.jpg

Volvoequals7013.jpg

Volvoequals7006.jpg

Volvoequals7015.jpg

Classic. Very nice car and in good shape. There are few of those on the road and even fewer in good shape. Some lady around my part of town drivers a red one that has been restored. Pretty neat to see people taking care of those great wagons.

Nice find. Flathood it and leave the quad rounds, a little lower and some wheels to have a great looking ride.

I have a flathood in the garage that needs painting. I planned to put it on the 242 with a satin black paint job, but I'm almost tempted to put it on the green wagon.

What kind of wheels do you think I should put on? I thought about painting a set of 740 steelies silver (15-inch) and fitting some older hubcaps (I also have some chrome centercaps I got off German e-bay) for a retro look. However, if I were to use real wheels, I was thinking about powdercoated white Nova/Sirius wheels OR WRX-ish gold Coronas.

Any ideas? Photoshop suggestions are welcome.

Oh, and one mod I definitely plan to do is replace that damned boat wheel that's on the wagon. Too friggin' big for me! Just haven't had time to swap in the Momo I got for the 242 and take out the GT wheel to put in the wagon.

Guess my wagon is just too good to be modded?? :roll:

I'm really interested in hearing your opinions Should I leave it stock or make some very subtle mods (i.e., flathood and 15" steelies) or should I make obvious mods (lowering springs and white powdercoated Nova/Sirius wheels)?

Also should I tint it? Will it detract from the classic look if I get a light tint?

Thanks folks!

I would lower, light tint, flathood and wheels. I have some old ipd 15" wheels on mine. My other opiton was some 15" steelies. I have old ipd springs and that got me low enough. The flathood looks so good with the quad rounds.

As for the steering wheel, I scored an R-sport out of Pick and Pull in Reno for $13.95 with the adaptor! So I solved that problem.

I would lower, light tint, flathood and wheels. I have some old ipd 15" wheels on mine. My other opiton was some 15" steelies. I have old ipd springs and that got me low enough. The flathood looks so good with the quad rounds.

As for the steering wheel, I scored an R-sport out of Pick and Pull in Reno for $13.95 with the adaptor! So I solved that problem.

I agree that flathoods look good with the quad rounds, which is why I have quads on my 242 and planned to add a flathood.

These are good suggestions and I will certainly look into those. I plan to use a normal wheel with a GT horn pad as that is more period-correct compared to a R-sport wheel

Nope, Amar. Actually yours was the inspiration for the white wheels because black just doesn't do it with green.

Back