• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

244DL B230F/B230FT Swap

Hi all, I'm purchasing the first piece next week to do an overhaul of my 1992 244 DL. Im getting a 1995 B230FT from a 940 with 90K miles for $699. I'm going to tear it down and get everything remachined. This will be my first engine rebuild so I'm excited for the learning experience. I'm open to all wisdom and advice. I'll keep everyone posted.

A 95 with 90k I wouldn't bother doing any machining to. You can put a new head gasket and crank/cam seals if you want but otherwise unless they ran the motor out of oil or something I don't think you'd need to put any money in the motor otherwise.

how complete is the motor you're getting? Manifolds? Turbo? Injectors? ect?

A 95 with 90k I wouldn't bother doing any machining to. You can put a new head gasket and crank/cam seals if you want but otherwise unless they ran the motor out of oil or something I don't think you'd need to put any money in the motor otherwise.

how complete is the motor you're getting? Manifolds? Turbo? Injectors? ect?

It's a complete engine, everything should be there as far as I know

From 500 too 340. Sound like you have 0 goals. Do the heart transplant. And build your way up from there. 340 is easy on a stock long block if you spend your money the right way and do your research

From 500 too 340. Sound like you have 0 goals. Do the heart transplant. And build your way up from there. 340 is easy on a stock long block if you spend your money the right way and do your research

I went from 500hp to 340hp because you can only get 350hp safely out of an 8V Red Block. I don't think I'm experienced enough to swap it with a 16v head. I think I can handle a camshaft, pistons, and connecting rods swap though. I after I get done with all of that then I'll go for the 16V and go for 500hp. I have goals but I checkpoints too. I'm also trying do do as much research as I possibly can and learn all that I can

I called the company that had the 90k engine for $699 today and they sold that engine but they have another with 84k for $799 including shipping. It has a 3yr unlimited mile warranty and they steam cleaned it. Would you guys call that a good deal?

So I found out the engine does not come with the ECU so I was wondering what a good price for an ECU is and if I should just get a Gold EZK instead

Hey all. Update. So I’m just going to go straight to 16v, so far I have 3 16v heads and I now have my Volvo molded Hx40. It’s slowly but surely coming along.

Parts Update:
- B230FT from a 1995 940T
- 3 16V Heads
- 16V Timing Belt Adapter
- 16V Upgraded Springs
- 16V Exhaust Adapter
- 16V Auxiliary Shaft Gear
- Yoshifab Intake Manifold
- Yoshifab 4 Channel Ignition Module
- Volvo/Holset HX40
- Volvo 90+ Tube Exhaust Manifold
- Volvo 850 Throttle Body
- Volvo Cam Bore Plug
- Microsquirt ECU W/Harness
- Siemens Deka 80lb Injectors
- 3Bar Map Sensor W/Connector
- Iat Sensor
- Denso Pencil Coil Set (Used)
- Denso Pencil Coil Connector
- Ev1 Injector Connector

Nice list. I think the "doing it all at once" of course keeps wrenching time to a minimum, but if there is a problem you may not know where to start.

Back