• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

90 volvo 740 E fan temp sensor

BR1CKHOUS3

I like the tuna here
Hi all, I am working on my 90 740 turbo. I am installing a Spal fan and want to install a new temperature sensor in the radiator. My radiator is from a 1981 242 turbo with the threaded temp sensor. Can anyone point me to a good thread that tells me the temp sensor degrees and part numbers? TIA!

That is for the AC pusher fan when it gets hot hot hot, best to buy aftermarket sensor that you put through radiator and has a knob where you can turn it to the temp you want your fan to come on at.

My radiator is from a 1981 242 turbo with the threaded temp sensor. Can anyone point me to a good thread that tells me the temp sensor degrees and part numbers? TIA!
I suppose this description from Worldpac gives all that info...

1981 Volvo 242 Engine ID: B21F

1274962 Auxiliary Fan Switch. Includes the Fan Switch Bushing.

Some aftermarket radiators for this Volvo application may have a threaded thermo-fan switch instead of the OE-style push-in type fan switch. If a threaded switch is required, use #823 959 481F (92?-87?C) or #175 959 481 (94?-90?C) in place of the original push-in type switch and rubber bushing.

Thank you both! That is exactly the data I am looking for. I am changing the fan wiring so the pusher fan will come on when the AC is turned on, so I would like to replace the switch in the radiator with an appropriate size/temp.

I suppose the question I need to ask is: at what temperature do I want my puller fan to come on? This 90 740 turbo is essentially stock. Thank you again for the information :nod:

Back