• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

FPR replacement

littlesnides

I have been looking around for a Fuel Pressure Regulator as mine smells of fuel at the vacuum line. After looking on different websites, it looks like I can go with a Beck-Arnley for $50 or $150 for a Volvo one. Does anyone have experience with the off brand ones?

Thanks,
Chad

I wouldn’t have a problem running an aftermarket FPR, but first, I’d post in the wanted section with the part number you are looking for and someone will likely have a good used one for you for less $.

Use some vaseline on the oring seals.

^I cant stress that enough, you need to make sure that seal is tight. First time I had it on, I started the car and fuel squirted everywhere! So I reinstalled, used some motor oil to lube the o-ring, used my might to get it in there tight and it was fine.

I used the Beck-Arnley on my 245 and had no issues, but I would go OEM if you can.

in my experience, 85% of the time Beck Arnley gets the OEM product and puts it in their box. So it is probably Bosch.

BTW way it is normal for the vacuum line to smell of fuel. There should be no liquid fuel in it, though.

in my experience, 85% of the time Beck Arnley gets the OEM product and puts it in their box. So it is probably Bosch..

Many moons ago (30-35 years), I worked for a Beck-Arnley distributor and can say that the percentage is probably even higher that is will be OEM back then.
Steve

in my experience, 85% of the time Beck Arnley gets the OEM product and puts it in their box. So it is probably Bosch.

BTW way it is normal for the vacuum line to smell of fuel. There should be no liquid fuel in it, though.

Good to know on the Beck Arnley stuff.

I had read a few places, that it should not smell of fuel. The car runs fine, sometimes when I restart the car after it has sat for a short period 5 minutes or so I have to keep it running with my right foot. After it "clears up" it idles and runs fine. It never does it on cold start. I had read another place that it sounded like a symptom of a bad engine speed sensor (crank sensor). I replaced it, and it still does it. I haven't cleaned the throttle body, idle control valve, or maf in a while, maybe start with things that don't cost money and see if it improves. Any ideas?

Back