• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cadillac ATS brakes on a 740

poulrais

1990 740... Been wanting to install big brakes for awhile and this has become imperative with the forged B6284t swap I'm working on. Since there is next to nothing offered for the 740/940 model RogerDee made me these adaptors after I bugged him for like a year! :-P

Now I just need him to make me some 1/2 inch thick hub-centric plate that will go behind the disks to move them forward and clear the adapters and line up to the center of the calipers.

I made myself some 9/16th spacers with some tubing to try these on today and take some pics. I'll probably be using 330mm S60r rotors like the ones in the pictures. I'll also check with Wilwood for for a hat/disk combo if I'm not satisfied with the S60r rotors.

I will also probably have to upgrade my brake's master cylinder to have sufficient brake pedal fell and travel.

AQWCM9J.jpg

SS0CFkE.jpg

QTH5i3W.jpg

alMgEgU.jpg

What about the fit of a rotor from something like a Ford Taurus? Must be something out there with 5 on 108 mm.

Soooo why are spacers needed for the disc? Why not just space the caliper correctly?

I don't know... RogerDee did the measuring/drawing and milled the spacers. I'll ask him but he must've had a good reason.

If you look at the picture you can see that the adapter is almost touching the strut tube and I don't think that he could place the caliper more inward than that.

Dual line? I see so not a turbo car and no ABS. I got a 91 740 like that with the dual lines. Just cap those other lines at the junction box. Not my SE, it has ABS single line, just one of my extras not listed. Can't list them all...

Dual line? I see so not a turbo car and no ABS. I got a 91 740 like that with the dual lines. Just cap those other lines at the junction box. Not my SE, it has ABS single line, just one of my extras not listed. Can't list them all...

Yep... 1990 740 NA. California car, no ABS which is fine with me cause I hate these old ABS systems.

You know you could have mounted Taurus front calipers with 66 mm piston from a Taurus with four wheel disk brakes using Volvo 940 280 mm (11 inch) rotors using the brake pads for the Volvo Rotor. The Taurus caliper fits the Volvo 940 mounting bracket. The biggest headache was figuring out the brake hoses. More than enough brakes to lock the front brakes in a panic stop.

You know you could have mounted Taurus front calipers with 66 mm piston from a Taurus with four wheel disk brakes using Volvo 940 280 mm (11 inch) rotors using the brake pads for the Volvo Rotor. The Taurus caliper fits the Volvo 940 mounting bracket. The biggest headache was figuring out the brake hoses. More than enough brakes to lock the front brakes in a panic stop.

This 740 will eventually become a 800 hp track car Lummert so my goal is not to be able to perform a panic stop but to have strong and durable braking performances on the road course/autocross tracks.

Back