• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Bee*R Rev limiters?

Chaseb124

I know this is a topic but my search results yielded not the most insightful results, I have a 92 244 b230F+T and was looking into the Bee*R rev limiters, does anyone have a definitive answer for setting something like this up? or some insight to pros and cons of this? thanks!

My motors always rev higher and shift better with beer. Why limit it?

For better results substitute Tequila.

For best results substitute Wild Turkey.

$276 for a spark cut doesn't seem too great of a value.

What ECU are you currently using? Get a Megasquirt and get flame throwing rev limiter, launch control, flat shift, elec. boost control, etc, etc.

What ECU are you currently using? Get a Megasquirt and get flame throwing rev limiter, launch control, flat shift, elec. boost control, etc, etc.

I guess that is valid, im just running a 740 ECU with EZK, i had lh3.3 or whatever before I did my +T

I guess that is valid, im just running a 740 ECU with EZK, i had lh3.3 or whatever before I did my +T

let me re phrase this question, after doing more digging it seems that running a MSD ignition system with two step would be better, anyone have any input on this or videos or pictures of the MSD with 2 step setups? Thanks!

MegaSquirt MS2 v3.0 will do everything you need and more for a banger.
Probably for less than the MSD. Also you then have unlimited tuning potential.

I ran a MSD6al2 on my old b21ft. Yes it made pops and shot flames, but it's really only a lower rev limit, so it only built a few psi of boost. I've run megasquirt on a few projects now, and it's heaps better. You can retard timing, hard and soft cut spark limits, and many more settings that let it do its job much much better and actually build some boost. But yeah, if you just want pops and bangs either one will work, hope you don't have chambered mufflers on your car!

I ran a MSD6al2 on my old b21ft. Yes it made pops and shot flames, but it's really only a lower rev limit, so it only built a few psi of boost. I've run megasquirt on a few projects now, and it's heaps better. You can retard timing, hard and soft cut spark limits, and many more settings that let it do its job much much better and actually build some boost. But yeah, if you just want pops and bangs either one will work, hope you don't have chambered mufflers on your car!

what were you running with the MSD6al2 to get the two step and what else with it, and exhaust wise im just running a 2.5in straight pipe all the way from turbo back.

Was using SDS EFI (old junk) blaster coil, Holset and some other basic stuff. I'm sure you could adapt it to stock LH stuff, there is probably a write up if you search, I personally have not run a MSDbox with a stock Volvo ECU.

hm interesting, I know someone who has, would that erase the need for the EZK computer? the whole computer and electronics thing confuses me.

The EZK is running the timing advance curve stuff, you can't really get rid of that. Not to mention the toothed wheel decoding.

Start by learning how the stock stuff works, before you learn how your car won't start because of mods that aren't installed properly because you don't know how the stock stuff works?

Honestly, the best way to learn is to start at the beginning.

That's what I did with my +t swap just kind of jumped into it, and I learned a lot, I hit a lot of road blocks as well, and in the end I had to still drop the car off at a shop to get the welding done. And I did bring this upon myself, however, I'm just curious to what all this may effect and what needs to be added or removed in order to set something like MSD up, however after looking at their wiring diagrams and such I understand more about the system.

That's what I did with my +t swap just kind of jumped into it, and I learned a lot, I hit a lot of road blocks as well, and in the end I had to still drop the car off at a shop to get the welding done. And I did bring this upon myself, however, I'm just curious to what all this may effect and what needs to be added or removed in order to set something like MSD up, however after looking at their wiring diagrams and such I understand more about the system.

LH 2.4 Turbo ECU and EZK. Chip them. Leave it alone.

Back