• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 ECU Diagnosis- No Start

breeze

Been a while since I have posted, stumped the local mechanic, my Bosch 280-000-554 ECU for my 88-240 is in my hand. The one from my 1987 (long gone rotted frame) is installed , and had it running for a few days. Plan is to buy a couple recovered ones on e-bay for ($25 guaranteed). Looking for a way to test the ECU/Board, and appreciate any methods. Thanks, Dave

Put ECU in known good running car and see if it runs good in known good running car that has good harness and good everything else is only way I know. Other then that only way I ever blew one is by putting LH 2.0 AMM in instead of LH 2.2 007 AMM. That will blow em for sure if you don't repin AMM wires.

Other then that check that main power to ecu fuse at the battery and check the fuse socket also those go bad.

Check the harness grounds at the fuel rail. Check where the harness plugs into the rest of the body harness right there behind the motor on the firewall.

Check and clean all the fuses there by the drivers door and the sockets.

Check the fuel pump relay make sure it's clicking over, take it out, take it out of the plastic cover make sure the solders are all good not cracked and broke on the backside of the board.

Check the fuel pressure regulator.

Simon

Back