• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Question about Mercurius chrome rims

Bear88

Hello!

I have a question about some rims I have bought from the U.S. It?s Volvo Mercurius rims for Volvo 960, and I have seen them for like 2-3 times on cars for sale on Cragis List. But never in Sweden. And when I look in the sales brochure for 960 1995 in Sweden there is only Mercurius with standard silver paint shown.

So was it possible to buy Mercurius chrome rims in the U.S? Or are the rims "repainted"?
I hope some of you guys in the U.S can help me with this!

rim1.jpg

This is how they look.

Regards Bj?rn

You bought these chrome ones ? Post up a close up pic, you can really tell the difference when they're painted rather than chromed.
I've also seen several 850's with chromed Cetus 15" when I was in Cali, so Im guessing it could be a factory option. A lot of Mercedes' and BMWs also have the chrome option wheels while the same wheels in Europe only offered in silver finish.

Funkee: I should have been more clear in my first post, they are chromed, because on the backside the chrome has started to crack on a small area, which probably has been hit by a small stone. But they are 15 years old, and in overall a very good shape, and the price was good :)

Thanks Guys :)

If there is more information about the rims I would be very happy to know :)

/Bj?rn

Back