• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

BW55 to AW71 242 1977 Crossmember issue!

So i guess i was on the right track with this.. just move the first hole to the last hole on the mount and drill a new hole in the body.. it will all line up that way?

Any other tips you can give me regarding shifter etc since it all came from a 740 i was expecting to have to redo the linkage to the shifter etc?

foto+2.JPG

You'll need an AW-70/71 240 shifter linkage. It will hook up directly to the BW55 shifter, as I did on my 242. I just used a trunk popper switch (240) for the OD dis-engagement.

The crossmember is identical how it lines up with my 242 from you have pictured there. I just drilled some holes, cut a slot into the side of the body mounting point, and tack welded a nut in there on each side. I think I had an issue with the trans pointing up a bit high , and yes I did so I had to put some shims in between the mount and body to get it lined up right. Actually on some 240's you'll soo those alum spacer plates. Otherwise that's about it.

Just need a shifter linkage, or modify the one from the 7/9 series . The BW55 linkage is different , so it would really work on your AW-71..

Back