• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

which struts?

donalson

my car needs struts pretty bad, it's a 760 turbo wagon, so it should have the self leveling shocks on the rear (haven't looked)... i do know that the ass end has some major sag issues... and i can't afford the $250 a pop for the 2 rear shocks SO... that means i'm going to have to find some wagon turbo springs w/ out the self leveling crap... and i've got to decide on a few differnt struts... i like stiff struts... i'm going to be towing w/ the wagon a bit (to start off w/ just a tow bar towing a 2000 lb car but down the road i'm hopeing to get a trailor for the car... still sub 3000 lbs of towing)

so which strut options do i have? i've found these so far... i know the tokico's are nice on the mr2 but how are they for volvos?

kyb gr-2 $160 shipped
Boge Turbo $208 + shipping
Bilstein TC $243 + shipping
tokco blue (HP) $180 ebay

on a side note... anyone have some turbo wagon springs for sale cheap? lol

thanks guys
mark

I have Bilstien Touring class shocks all around on my car, with the IPD springs. They are a upgrade from the stock suspension. If you like stiff struts, and shocks, i would go with The HD racing shocks.
At some point this winter i am going to put in HD's.

I also put in the TC shocks and struts in my 85 245TI when i was driving that, and it made a large difference in ride. I like them.

Let me know.

I have the bilstien HD's and they are great, with a 195 65 15 they are not to harsh, they made almost as much difference as IPD sways...

-Jack

Another vote for the Bilstein HD's... the ride certainly isn't cushy.. but you feel a part of the road. The control of them paired with lowering springs is an incredible upgrade.

I like the true German made Sachs Advantage, often cheaper than their Boge brothers, yet often cheaper.
I had the Sachs Autos on my 200 and they were very impressive for an oil only shock, now I have the Gas Advantage in the front of my 700 and they feel very solid, they make the car ride very well, with only a tiny hint of feeling harsh on really rough stuff.

Back