• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

thelostartof LH 2.4 Chip Feedback Thread

Has the car always ran like this? or has this just come on as of late? Have you reset LH to let it relearn again and see if things change?

Been running like this for almost a year. Just basic maintenance. I can reset the LH to force it to relearn. It felt OK. AFR's at idle and cruise are good, never rich. Strange thing is, it doesn't run rich until AFTER it's at 20 PSI. 20 PSI is at 3,500 RPM. It doesn't get rich until AFTER 4,000 RPM. Then it goes from 14.4 AFR @ 4,000 RPM to 10 or so @ 4,350 RPM. From there it ramps more slowly to 9.5 by 5,000 RPM and that's where the power completely drops off.

What's the quickest way to clear the LH again? KPII and pull the ECU fuse? (#1)

Last edited:
cleared the ECU (unplugged it for the night) So far, same issues. However I'm noticing that at speed, foot off, level ground, no load, the AFRs are "---" meaning off the scale lean.

What's the best way to break this in proper?

I've started looking for leaks. None found so far. That much of a leak causing an over-rich condition should be self evident right?

cleared the ECU (unplugged it for the night) So far, same issues. However I'm noticing that at speed, foot off, level ground, no load, the AFRs are "---" meaning off the scale lean.

What's the best way to break this in proper?

I've started looking for leaks. None found so far. That much of a leak causing an over-rich condition should be self evident right?

I think with foot off super lean means no gas which I assume is a good thing cause your just costing

What's the quickest way to clear the LH again? KPII and pull the ECU fuse? (#1)

Yes. If the fuel pumps prime again when you insert the fuse, it's done.

I think with foot off super lean means no gas which I assume is a good thing cause your just costing

Yeah, if you're over 1500rpm off throttle, LH2.4 will shut off the injectors completely to save gas and help compression braking. That's normal.

Yes. If the fuel pumps prime again when you insert the fuse, it's done.

Yeah, if you're over 1500rpm off throttle, LH2.4 will shut off the injectors completely to save gas and help compression braking. That's normal.

This is right so your afr gauge is showing - - - then youre in the right direction. Keep us posted:nod:

Well, I double checked for leaks. I found none, though it's possible that I'm having an issue with the old pierburg CBV. I have an automatic so I think I can live with it for a while. One the way home from work, the lean on coast had resolved itself. Now it's in the 17s & 18s.

More alarming is as soon as boost comes up, it's the same overall issue as before. As soon as boost gets to around 10 PSI, the AFRs drop to below 10:1. This time however, it's hesitating a bit stays this way right up to 20PSI.

Tomorrow I'll pull one of the plugs and see how it looks.

Any other thoughts or should I let it relearn again?

Is there anything I can do to help it learn?

Last edited:
HMMMM,
I had the same issue earlier this year,
-- put in 42lbs injectors, left the 016 AMM, ran the chips,-- and as soon as I was the other side of 10psi-- the same happened. Mixture got far too fat. the car did not go the other side of 5200 refs.
Changed back to the standard injectors, left the chips in -- same happens to lesser degree, but severe hesitation 3800 - 4400. once on the other side of 5200, it pulls strong.
Also it was not very responsive around 2000 refs.
checked for leaks, left it re learn several times,-- issue did not resolve itself.

Lack of time forced me to return to the standard chips + injectors, and I run this set up with 12 psi boost. works perfect.
It may not have the same top end power but otherwise things run smooth.

I may return to the project in summer when I have more time and nerves to try around.
I also would try to get a wide-band AFR gauge first, -- to see exactly what is going on.
I have a 3" Amm from the 960' which I want to try in combination with 42lbs injectors and the chips, -- maybe that harmonizes better?

so, I am looking forward to see how others get around that one.

I'm running 3" intake with a 960 AMM. No codes are on the box. Car starts just fine and idles in the 14.5-15.5 AFR range.

Same thing happened this morning. As soon as 9 or 10 PSI comes in, it gets WAY too fat and the engine stumbles quite a bit. If I can manage to hold 8PSI or so, I can get it to stand on 12.5-13.5 AFR.

As I said, I'll pull a plug before I leave for home tonight and report on the findings. I'll also see if I can block off the CBV and see if that's the leak source.

If I can, this weekend I'll check the intake for leaks with a can of starting either, but I doubt the leak, if there is one, is there.

This is becoming very frustrating.

After resetting make sure to get 200+ miles on the ecu to let it learn.

If you really feel the chips are wonkey feel free to pm me and I can send you a chip with fuel pulled out I just need to know details on where and how much.

After resetting make sure to get 200+ miles on the ecu to let it learn.

If you really feel the chips are wonkey feel free to pm me and I can send you a chip with fuel pulled out I just need to know details on where and how much.

I'll wait until it comes to that. I don't know that the chips are wonky, I just can't find another cause. (yet)

Should I spend as much time as I can on the plus side of 10PSI to force it to learn?

If I do need to replace the stock CBV, is this one a good substitute? based on what I've read somewhere it's the same one on certain Porches and Audis.

Last edited:
If I do need to replace the stock CBV, is this one a good substitute? based on what I've read somewhere it's the same one on certain Porches and Audis.

thats the exact same bypass valve i'll be using again when im done building the engine, even though my success with it a few years ago was a fail but Im pretty sure my plumbing was way wrong

Should I spend as much time as I can on the plus side of 10PSI to force it to learn?

From what I know, LH learns every time you enter boost (go WOT). But there would be nothing gained from staying in boost, just getting to full boost.

For my car to get it to learn I spent my time on the highway at cruise with 1-2 mild pulls up to speed a day. Otherwise lots of around town driving so the car can see different drive cycles.

put it in 75lbs injectors. ran fine on pump gas. then put in e85 runs fine... better than fine. Off throttle, intial acceleration is kinda boggy, but i've only driven 10 miles so far.

What i can tell so far is that the car at 17psi in 3rd gear from a 65 - 80mph pull with e85 AND with 3 people in the car, feels as fast or faster than a pull in 2nd gear from 35 to 55mph on pump gas and only me driving it. The car literally scares me now. It's such a beast.

my car mods

Precision 6031
Custom turbo mani
3" full exhaust from DP back
AMM 012
Browntops
Upgrade IC
3" IC piping
Hks SS
Ipd cam and gear set to 0
Wideband
Aem tru boost gauge/controller
TLAO chips

Car runs find cruising, then when I get on it, around 5200 an up it goes leam 13.5- 14.5 so I get off running 19psi, so I figured ill install my 75lb injectors, pretty much run rough as hell anything after 4 grand it spits and sputters, gauge reads in the 10s, so now I'm running rich, so now that being said, do you think I just need to let the Lh learn witht the bigger injectors? I want to be able to get on my car, so I keep switching back to the browntops, I guess I shouldn't and need to be patient, if that's why it runs like that ill be patient and wait, I guess that's my issue, just lemme know if I should just run them and let LH learn, was also thinking of running E85 eventually, but I wanna get this figured out first

Back