• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Ford Taurus SHO V6 and Ford Ranger transmission

lummert

Anyone thought of doing this swap in a Volvo 700/900? SHO V6 has Ford 3.0 bell housing. SHO V6 can be mounted transverse or longitudinal.

Not mine.
f08b465936650a516619b90ceb9ab18c.jpg

They're heavy SOB's.

I was thinking about one in my '83 TBird. Changed my mind.

I've got an engine and a short block that I want out of my garage. Want 'em? Come pick them up and you can have them for free.

I found info saying the SHO V6 with all accessories weighs 465 lbs. Same info says 5.0 V8 weighs 450 lbs with all accessories.

I was thinking of doing this with the SHO V8 or the Volvo V8. Spoke with some people who said that the Ranger transmission would bolt up.

But also that would be the simplest hurdle.

With the head layout, it pushes it farther forward in the engine bay. One of the heads sits 2-3" (Don't remember exactly) past the bell-housing mounting face. That was kind of the deal-killer for me on using in for my planned platform.

Love the engines, though.

I found info saying the SHO V6 with all accessories weighs 465 lbs. Same info says 5.0 V8 weighs 450 lbs with all accessories.

A friend had a 5 speed SHO back in college. I can't imagine how fun that motor would be with a good RWD platform.

way better than a 302.

A friend had a 5 speed SHO back in college. I can't imagine how fun that motor would be with a good RWD platform.

way better than a 302.

Way easier to make power with one too. Been toying with the idea but parts availability is terrible.

Back