• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Got some pics from my engine builder guy today.

2turbotoys

Salaminizer
Today started great for me with some pics of my new engine! These guys built it, and I mean really built it up for an incredible price. They swear its good for 800 to 900 hp @ 15 psi... Cam, roller rockers, pistons, rods, ARP everything...goes to the dyno to be tuned tomorrow :skullbones: L33 5.3

Got word today it made 400 hp (N/A) @ 5600 then the valves started to float so they are putting stiffer springs in, then back to the dyno

U6MQ91al.jpg

mblISHMl.jpg

25s0Dlcl.jpg

Last edited:
The car is a '79 242. Manual trans now, gonna keep it that way with a TKO 600 with hydraulic clutch. I'm waiting to hear which cam, they decided to install a more aggressive one than we originally talked about. I know its a Texas Speed cam, should know more soon. I just gave them goals and let them do their thing. Turbo is undecided, depends on how much room. I was going to use a 67mm, but might use 2 60mm, I'm a Garrett fan...It's going in N/A first till I get everything sorted. Still planning some stuff, like the rear and the rear suspension, leaning towards a Moser built Ford 9" with a Wavetrac and a four link setup. Needs much more tire as well.. I don't have many pics, but here a couple.

g9Jvr3Dl.jpg

mtYpedSl.jpg

bbtDHp5l.jpg

tRHAo4vl.jpg

It will, or make a lotta tire smoke haha, just trying to figure out what to first...the body guys tell me to do suspension and tires first, others tell me to do the suspension and make the body guy fit the tires under it. I'm leaning towards making the body guy fit the tires...

What is the steam vent lines from? My L33 has the rear ports plugged and a crossover on the front only.

The early lm7 use the four steam port setup. the ls1 intake manifold will not fit if you use the four port system.
Thanks, that's very interesting. I'm curious why GM changed it, it seems like it would work better as a four port?

https://youtu.be/q1Vn7-Rffpw

It made 400 hp @5600 rpm, floated the valves. This is the 1st startup with the stiffer springs in, but not tuned yet. Can't wait to hear that through dual 3" exhaust!

Should have at least another 1k rpm left in it with new springs. Did you choose a turbo cam?

I let them pick the cam after telling them my goals. Picking out parts for this motor wasn't as straightforward as some of the more common LSx motors, so I left to the guys that really know what they are doing. It is a turbo friendly cam, I'm still waiting to hear exactly which one it is.

Philski sells good stuff. I still have one of his 100A alts :nod:

Can you tell me your opinions on your V50? My neighbor has a derelict one for sale....

Can't wait to see cam specs and more info. I love data :lol:

Haha, I guess it does, that is a lumpy cam. Like I said, its not tuned yet. I hope to have a new vid or update tomorrow. I'll be running dual exhaust, but with 3" Cherrybomb Vortex mufflers for now

Back