• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

My 1966 Volvo 122

Do you have a pic of it in driving mode?

This is the only ride height shot I have and its with the old wheels, and the bottom pic is the only roller I have of it.

IMG_8948smw_zpsfa082c9d.jpg

_MG_0183sm2_zps2b326123.jpg

This is an awesome ride man! Definitely inspirational to those of us just starting at the beginning. I gotta ask you, what are you using/doing to restore the chrome so nicely!? Thanks!

Little video feature on Stanceworks. Check it out :drama:

http://www.stanceworks.com/2014/12/better-with-age-keith-rosss-1966-volvo-amazon/

Jump over to Vimeo to see it in HD
<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/112951758" width="700" height="400" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/112951758">Better with Age- Keith Ross' 1966 Volvo Amazon</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user17828865">Ty-low</a>

Last edited:
This is an awesome ride man! Definitely inspirational to those of us just starting at the beginning. I gotta ask you, what are you using/doing to restore the chrome so nicely!? Thanks!

Most of the trim was in decent shape. I recently had a metal polisher go through and do the aluminum trim around the windshield, rear window and over the door. We masked everything off and were very careful. Had to strip the coating off of the trim first and then polish. Came out looking like chrome. A less risky move would obviously be to remove the trim from the car, but I like to live dangerously :-P

Love this car, great video

Thanks!

This is about as Fall as it gets here in Phoenix. Nothing new as far as updates. Its been running like a champ though. I do have a center console coming from the Netherlands in the next week or so that im pretty happy about. I may try to integrate the air ride gauge with it if possible. I'll post some pics of that.

IMG_2879E2smer_zps05655a73.jpg

IMG_2925Esm2er_zps89764a42.jpg

IMG_2915Esmer_zps8a4571bb.jpg

IMG_2896Esm2er_zps5db5a806.jpg

Last edited:
Decided to strip the powder coat and go back to the polished salt flats to change things up. I'll run these for a while, but im kinda on the hunt for some 3 piece mesh wheels (E50, speed star, epsilon, etc)

IMG_1015Esm_zpsd112c4fe.jpg

IMG_1019Esm_zps4ec6dd72.jpg

Keith, Just curious if you have taken a look at the inner bushings of your upper and lower A frames. Those bushing are torsional and are not meant to rotate as far as they are with your airbags. If you look at the bushings, the inner steel tube has small teeth on both ends which grab the K member and outer washer when tightened. The outer steel tube is pressed into the lower A frame and tightened with the U bolt on the upper A frame. These bushings are designed to have a very small range of motion, just wondering how long yours will last?

Happy New Year:party::party:

Every time I see your paint, I'm glad I decided to return my sedan to black. Looking forward to your next wheels, even if I loved the salt flats in black.

I liked the black, but the polished goes along really well with the amount of chrome…. just enough to make that black POP! Nice job with the overall look, and some meshies would also look great!

And evolve67 was mentioning the torsional effect on the bushings being a possible problem area for longevity, but since it is a lot closer to factory height when high loads are placed on the bushings, i.e. driving, cornering, etc… I think that they will still last quite a while as long as they aren't super stiff poly, but theres really no reason to assume that there is even any torsional forces applied to those bushings, seems like the the only concern is going to be the ball joints being twisted to the very end of their available range. And the way the wheels cock inward when its slammed is just the way the alignment changes due to the height change. I don't really think that you have much to worry about there.

Good work, and I hope to see it in person sometime!

Every time I see your paint, I'm glad I decided to return my sedan to black. Looking forward to your next wheels, even if I loved the salt flats in black.

I liked them in black too. Im only planning on running these until I sell them which will be soon hopefully.

Keith, Just curious if you have taken a look at the inner bushings of your upper and lower A frames. Those bushing are torsional and are not meant to rotate as far as they are with your airbags. If you look at the bushings, the inner steel tube has small teeth on both ends which grab the K member and outer washer when tightened. The outer steel tube is pressed into the lower A frame and tightened with the U bolt on the upper A frame. These bushings are designed to have a very small range of motion, just wondering how long yours will last?

Happy New Year:party::party:

I liked the black, but the polished goes along really well with the amount of chrome?. just enough to make that black POP! Nice job with the overall look, and some meshies would also look great!

And evolve67 was mentioning the torsional effect on the bushings being a possible problem area for longevity, but since it is a lot closer to factory height when high loads are placed on the bushings, i.e. driving, cornering, etc? I think that they will still last quite a while as long as they aren't super stiff poly, but theres really no reason to assume that there is even any torsional forces applied to those bushings, seems like the the only concern is going to be the ball joints being twisted to the very end of their available range. And the way the wheels cock inward when its slammed is just the way the alignment changes due to the height change. I don't really think that you have much to worry about there.

Good work, and I hope to see it in person sometime!

Im not too worried about the longevity of the bushings as they are a relatively quick and cheap fix if needed. I havent notcied any excessive wear or tear. But as Chris said, Its never really under any stress when its in the range of motion in question. When driving the car is pretty close to a modestly lowered 122.

Back