• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pdx dl

Yeah. So many people! Last time I was there, so many people were getting hurt from running into eachother...not clearing the other side of the dunes before they jump them...fights...but man, it was a good time!

IMG_8112-M.jpg

It's too hot to drive. May as well tear it apart.

Maybe pick up the parts from IPD on Monday.

About half of this effort I had seen before. But the second half is definitely new territory. Which is good. Get to put in my fancy-pants STS stainless hose thing. Chicks dig stainless. Be really nice to have a functioning defogger this winter. The Portland winters aren't cold, but it's a real pain when the windows fog.

Still have to crack the throttle open on cold starts, but other than that, she's running pretty well. What to do next?

The old 240's had the radio there, right? Is there a slick bracket and faceplate for a clean install? Maybe Mr. Brimley could recommend some speakers for the back.

Wife is out of town. Boss is on vacation. East coast adjusters are gone for the day...

Maybe I'll go see if I can get that heater box apart before I bid on an Alfa on eBay.

The older 240's had the radios mounted down low in the cubby that is on the later models. You might need to move the vacuum bottle(for your HVAC controls) back to get a deck to fit. There should be a face plate for it. I would go work on the heater before you get into trouble. While you're in there, clean up the evaporator(so that way in the future your A/C will cool like a boss). You should also replace the expansion valve while you're at it. ;-)

On a save-your-ass-the-trouble note, double check your windshield linkage is tight and lubricated.

Back