• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Mr.Borrie?s 965

Nooooo! :( Also, are you sure it's not something simple, like the transmission cooler leaking into the radiator, or something?

The transmission dipstick is fine slushwise.
I did not do a major check to be honest though on leakdown..
But the oil in the engine is getting worse and so is the water consuption

I did find a buyer for it that want to fix the engine up and enjoy it for the long MOT it still has .. prob ending up on de rodeo after that... It sucks the car is pretty decent otherwise

I would condider trowing in another engine with an autobox (least work) but dont feel like spending anything over 150 for that tbh because its a ****load of work still

I’ll let you have my engine for 150 with your cylinder head (or complete engine) in return if you like.
Still a **** load of work, I know :)

I’ll let you have my engine for 150 with your cylinder head (or complete engine) in return if you like.
Still a **** load of work, I know :)

does it have the autobox or at least the starter ring (timing wise) on it?
I have a good head back at my parents I think

No, bare block. Oil pan/pickup stick, crank sensor (not cam), coils, intake, pretty much everything that's bolted on is off. Exhaust, water pump, timing belt, and crank ventilation is still on I believe but really that's it.
I can take some pictures next week if you like.
It had a M90 so no flex plate. Sold the flywheel. But it's keyed so yours would bolt right on without timing issues.

You would need 2 O-rings for the oil pan (would recommend), Volvo chemical seal or Loctite 518, intake gasket and the rest would be pretty much bolting parts over from one to the other.

Would kind of hate to see it going for rodeo man.. I understand the thing and it's only a fricking car but theres TONS of them around here, really sheds full of grandpa series waiting to be destroyed. Luckily I saved a flathood and good fenders from it.

Yeah Thats way much more work than I want to put in.
Rater spend my little time I have on the projects 780, 242, 760

No, bare block. Oil pan/pickup stick, crank sensor (not cam), coils, intake, pretty much everything that's bolted on is off. Exhaust, water pump, timing belt, and crank ventilation is still on I believe but really that's it.
I can take some pictures next week if you like.
It had a M90 so no flex plate. Sold the flywheel. But it's keyed so yours would bolt right on without timing issues.

You would need 2 O-rings for the oil pan (would recommend), Volvo chemical seal or Loctite 518, intake gasket and the rest would be pretty much bolting parts over from one to the other.

Would kind of hate to see it going for rodeo man.. I understand the thing and it's only a fricking car but theres TONS of them around here, really sheds full of grandpa series waiting to be destroyed. Luckily I saved a flathood and good fenders from it.

I can understand. I had 5 cars at some point (a 142, 2 940s and 2 Chevy Impalas), 4 outta 5 were projects and I had no idea where to begin :p

Hold on op, you say you traded a SHELL of an 780 for a running and functioning wagon!?!

If that's the case, you have no idea how many clean, and complete 780's are in my area. Seems like the only place suitable for them is the trash (as that's where most of them end up!)

This one's been for sale for AGES! I'm sure the seller is VERY negotiable!
https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/bnc/cto/d/1988-volvo-bertone-780-coupe/6437450665.html

Hold on op, you say you traded a SHELL of an 780 for a running and functioning wagon!?!

If that's the case, you have no idea how many clean, and complete 780's are in my area. Seems like the only place suitable for them is the trash (as that's where most of them end up!)

This one's been for sale for AGES! I'm sure the seller is VERY negotiable!
https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/bnc/cto/d/1988-volvo-bertone-780-coupe/6437450665.html

Its worth it to restore this piece of yunk overhere : http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?p=5555981#post5555981

780 where not so much in europe to begin with.. they are worth Some cash here

Back