• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

What part is this?

fviet

I?m replacing a couple of leaky seals + gasket on my M47 gearbox.

Normally I?m pretty good at keeping dissasembled parts ordered and together but I spotted this red rubber seal / o-ring a little distane away from where I was working and have worried myself that?s come off without me noticing.

The driveshaft and gearbox are in the same area, and I?ve removed the bell house section from the gearbox.

Please note I could be an idiot and it?s not from the car at all but just lying around.

I?ve sepculated it could either wrap around the driveshaft joint to make a snug fit with the gearbox, or wraps around the input shaft bearing on the gearbox.

What is it? - if from the car at all

Here are some photos.

https://imgur.com/a/HMmGn6H

Thanks in advance for any help

dont believe its not either of the 2 your think it is (d.s. or input s.). But I cant tell you where it should go. I used to run a m47 and had it out 5 times with driveshaft. Never seen an Oring like that when working on driveline. So hope that helps. Maybe someone will recognize it and tell you where it should go.

Well, this is supposedly an M47.

m47.jpg

#50 is the only thing that thin, but it's a metal shim.

Do you change your own oil?
Have you dropped any filter o-rings lately?
That's about all I can think of at the moment.

BA0418145-1__ra_p.jpg

I also looked through the catalogue and didn't see any gasket like like this.

It looks a bit like the square gasket that's on the oil cooler sandwich plate on 940's. All I've seen are black though and I'm not sure if yours has the same size
1014172.jpg

I've overhauled 2 M47IIs in the last 3 months and can say for certain that is not something affiliated with that. To me, it looks like a rubber band to me.

/\ /\ /\ Kind of what I was thinking. Inconsistent and lumpy dimensions around it make me think rubber band.

Thank you all for your replies.

Definite confirmation I'm an idiot then.

Back