• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pre-Davis Autox 5/14/2011

We gotta get some poly in there before the autox Elliot. Next weekend maybe?

Logan...we've got a restriction placed upon us for a maximum number of cars we can run for the event. Period. Given the number we had last year, we'll probably hit that limit and then some. I'd be surprised if the snaab even gets a chance to run...

Wanna drive one of my cars? There's the 745Ti, or the <strike>242</strike> yeeeah, the 745Ti. :rofl:

It isn't half the car your GTO is...but it'll still be fun. I mean that literally too, half the car. Well, a third the displacement, a third the power output, half the weight, twice the body roll!

...and by fun, I mean we'll have a midget resembling Herv? Villechaize sitting in the back seat slapping you around everytime you hit a cone.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x9/blackcanary2000/nicknack.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="WindowsBreakerG4, post: 3732027, member: 26965"]Yea you can drive mine too logan. I've seen up to 4 co drivers done before. They basically just run the cars back to back to back :lol:[/QUOTE]
Thanks guys. I appreciate it. I would much prefer to beat the piss out of my own car than worry about breaking someone else's, however barring any change of heart on the rules, I will take you up on your generous offers.

I seem to recall a certain Corvette running at last year's event... :grrr:

Last edited:
Logan...we've got a restriction placed upon us for a maximum number of cars we can run for the event. Period. Given the number we had last year, we'll probably hit that limit and then some. I'd be surprised if the snaab even gets a chance to run...
...and there wouldn't have been any hesitation to let me participate if I got my Volvo running in time. I am a Volvo owner. I am a Volvo enthusiast. I will always own at least one Volvo in my life. I am a dedicated, repeat attender of this awesome annual event. I consider the local people of this group to be my friends. My Volvo, just like half the Volvos on this forum, does not run at the moment...

Whatever... It's not my decision to make. With this, I will stop polluting this conversation.

Thanks guys. I appreciate it. I would much prefer to beat the piss out of my own car than worry about breaking someone else's, however barring any change of heart on the rules, I will take you up on your generous offers.

I seem to recall a certain Corvette running at last year's event... :grrr:

I didnt mean any disrespect to you, your car or your driving skills. Your commitment to the Volvo community, and TB is without question. I made a mistake mentioning Saabs...I could see how it made you feel. My apologies. If we have open spaces left, I would be up for letting people take fun runs in other vehicles.

The event is based on giving all proceeds to charity, thus the Corvette from last year was giving charity donation rides. The driver was a former national SCCA champ, Ray Miller. He donated his time, gas, and made over $300 in donations.

Peace,

Mark

I didnt mean any disrespect to you, your car or your driving skills. Your commitment to the Volvo community, and TB is without question. I made a mistake mentioning Saabs...I could see how it made you feel. My apologies. If we have open spaces left, I would be up for letting people take fun runs in other vehicles.

The event is based on giving all proceeds to charity, thus the Corvette from last year was giving charity donation rides. The driver was a former national SCCA champ, Ray Miller. He donated his time, gas, and made over $300 in donations.

Peace,

Mark
Thanks for explaining, Mark. I'm sorry. I overreacted due to a particularly ****ty week... I've been looking forward to this for a long time, (since last year!) and hearing that I was not going to be allowed to participate in an event that I always enjoy was another blow on a long series of crushing blows. I certainly have no intentions of being competitve, especially if Ryan, Noah and Kyle are planning on running. (You other chumps; I'd kick your ass... :-P) Fun runs would be all I am interested in, really.

Thanks for setting this up, and good luck. Please let me know as soon as you know if there will be space.

Gonna grab a beer on my lunch break... F**k this week...

Last edited:
Thanks for explaining, Mark. I'm sorry. I overreacted due to a particularly ****ty week... I've been looking forward to this for a long time, (since last year!) and hearing that I was not going to be allowed to participate in an event that I always enjoy was another blow on a long series of crushing blows. I certainly have no intentions of being competitve, especially if Ryan, Noah and Kyle are planning on running. (You other chumps; I'd kick your ass... :-P) Fun runs would be all I am interested in, really.

Thanks for setting this up, and good luck. Please let me know as soon as you know if there will be space.

Gonna grab a beer on my lunch break... F**k this week...

Thanks, I sure hope your week/month gets better. Looking forward to meeting you in person.

Mark

Glad you got things cooled off a little guys. ;-)

I honestly don't know that there will be much competition for the 240's that won last year. Given Ryan's new goodies installed at WM, plus whatever tuning Kyle's gotten, and Noah, we should be in for another good show. I'll try and actually snap some pic's this year since I won't be running. Time to remember how the camera works...

Though it's against my very nature I think I'll cruise up and run my 245. I would SO much prefer to run my Subaru but I think it would be better to run slow and RUN than stand there watching in hopes there will be a spot for my GT.

I was just at an SCCA event there at Mather last weekend. According to they guys there, the autoxes are always run right off Excelsior road (well, it's the road Excelsior turns into). Surface is a little rough, with a couple of dips, but it's a big space so a pretty nifty course can be put together.

It will be interesting to run a slow, heavy, wallowy car instead of a tightly suspended awd car. Bring ear plugs...I'm running crappy all season road tires.

Though it's against my very nature I think I'll cruise up and run my 245. I would SO much prefer to run my Subaru but I think it would be better to run slow and RUN than stand there watching in hopes there will be a spot for my GT.

I was just at an SCCA event there at Mather last weekend. According to they guys there, the autoxes are always run right off Excelsior road (well, it's the road Excelsior turns into). Surface is a little rough, with a couple of dips, but it's a big space so a pretty nifty course can be put together.

It will be interesting to run a slow, heavy, wallowy car instead of a tightly suspended awd car. Bring ear plugs...I'm running crappy all season road tires.

AutoX will be at a different location on the old base. Nice and level without those old metal B52 refeuling spots in the pavement. The surface is all asphalt with no concrete. The site is fully fenced, so I am working with SCCA, and a buddy that sets up police driving courses, to come up with a challenging course without any car/fence unions. The space is approx. 90,000sqft and rectangular in shape. We have a seperate paved parking lot for set up and parking. If we can get the course to flow, this spot will rock. If anyone local wants to imput some ideas on the space, get ahold of me. I want this to be the best ever. Just a little of what I/we are dealing with: the County of Sacramento owns the site and requires us to have: a uniformed deputy on site, a paid county airport employee, a $50 use permit application fee, a $250 one day rental fee, a $250 deposit, a dumpster, porta potties, full liability insurance with the county named as the insured, a full emergency plan in writting, and a tow truck. They still on the fence about a few more requirements...can you beleive all this for a one day event for charity? Another county money grab. We currently have the deputy, county employee, dumpster, porta potties, insurance, tow truck, and I have completed the emergency plan. Will be cutting checks next week. Mark

That's ridiculous for a one-day event! The tow truck thing is funny. Yes, they're old volvo's so they may break. Yes they're old volvo's so they're easily fixed. Yes, this is a turbobricks meet, so most likely someone will have a spare everything there to fix it on the spot. :)

Thanks for setting this up Mark! Are we allowed to bring easy-ups and non-flammable picnic items?

Registered...
What's with the passenger fee though? Does this mean if someone rides with me to Davis, which will also obviously be coming to auto-x have to pay to get into the base? or does it mean only people who paid the $7 can ride in anyones car or are you strictly a passenger in the car you came in? Do I have to pay more to be a passenger in say, Noah's car, who I frequently at our local auto-x ride with and vice versa...
I'd rather just pay more to run, and let anyone who wants a ride have a ride...

Registered...
What's with the passenger fee though? Does this mean if someone rides with me to Davis, which will also obviously be coming to auto-x have to pay to get into the base? or does it mean only people who paid the $7 can ride in anyones car or are you strictly a passenger in the car you came in? Do I have to pay more to be a passenger in say, Noah's car, who I frequently at our local auto-x ride with and vice versa...
I'd rather just pay more to run, and let anyone who wants a ride have a ride...

Negative..one fee allows you to be a passenger in anyones car for as many runs you can go on. Honor system/big boys club...if you are going to be a passenger, please pony up.

Mark

That's ridiculous for a one-day event! The tow truck thing is funny. Yes, they're old volvo's so they may break. Yes they're old volvo's so they're easily fixed. Yes, this is a turbobricks meet, so most likely someone will have a spare everything there to fix it on the spot. :)

Tow truck is in case of an emergency at the airport, so we could immediately move a dead car for responding emergency crews.

Whats the old saying....if you dont break it, your not racing. I think Gary told me that.

Back