• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Whiteblock Bellhousing Bolt Pattern - Lotus Esprit T5 Swap

Crallen

Hey all,
New to here but nor to volvos! I'm currently putting a t5 engine in my 80's Lotus Esprit for awesome 80's turboness! I'm using an Audi transaxle gearbox so making an adaptor plate to fit between the two - I have the audi bellhousing bolt pattern but cant find one for the whiteblock anywhere

Does anyone have the dimensions of the bellhousing bolts or even better some CAD!!??

Cheers, Crallen

Hey all,
New to here but nor to volvos! I'm currently putting a t5 engine in my 80's Lotus Esprit for awesome 80's turboness! I'm using an Audi transaxle gearbox so making an adaptor plate to fit between the two - I have the audi bellhousing bolt pattern but cant find one for the whiteblock anywhere

Does anyone have the dimensions of the bellhousing bolts or even better some CAD!!??

Cheers, Crallen

Rotsa ruck...

Once question: what you doing with the turbo off the original motor..Got a piccie of it..
Where ya at?
You doing a Cortina in other worlds?

Original motor isnt turbo- hence the T5 conversion.

Built a big spec cortina a few years ago, lotus is the replacement project!

Anyone else have any dims? I need the block to bellhousing bolt pattern if anyone has?

whats the best photo hosting site to put some pics in?

I remember someone swapping an Audi engine into something Volvo-ish. When it got down to the first test drive, he discovered the Audi engine spun 'backward' - so he had one slow forward gear and a whole bunch of really fast reverse gears.

Something to double check before you get too far?

I just sent you this.

44264466540_940cb296d8_b.jpg

You can pull dims from the DXF.

When it got down to the first test drive, he discovered the Audi engine spun 'backward' - so he had one slow forward gear and a whole bunch of really fast reverse gears.

Reminds me of that Burt Reynolds "Stuntman" movie..... they had a Chevy Stepside pickup doing aorund 80mph in reverse! RIP Burt...... "Smokey & the Bandit" pretty much saved the muscle car from it's grave in '77.

I remember someone swapping an Audi engine into something Volvo-ish. When it got down to the first test drive, he discovered the Audi engine spun 'backward' - so he had one slow forward gear and a whole bunch of really fast reverse gears.

Something to double check before you get too far?

Gawd, can you imagine the thoughts going through his head when he figured that out...

I purchased a VW thing a long time ago because of the same fault.
The thing till 1973 are with reduction boxes. The gearbox is the same as from a beetle, the crown of differential is on the oposite side. they bought a gearbox of a beetle and voila: 4 times rewards and on forward.
And they didn't found the fault.
One evening and I did own a very good thing

would like to see the lotus too, Kay

Back