• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Bilstein vs Koni Struts and Shocks for a '89 245

:lol: Aren't they only about 6.5"?

If we're still using original style upper strut mounts, then spring diameter won't be a limiting factor. But once you change to a camber plate that allows for more negative camber, then you can run into problems. The big diameter stock spring can hit the inside of the strut tower, and when that happens, you'll notice the steering doesn't like to re-center after a turn because the spring is rubbing against the tower and trying to turn, but there's resistance. No big deal, easy fix, but it does limit the max negative camber.

2.5" ID coilover springs with camber plates give more range for negative camber adjustment, and many more choices of length and rate.

I'm glad you are paying attention... Was wondering if anyone would call it out. Regardless between 6.5 and 8... not much difference, either way its HUGEEEEEE.

I'd say if you were to run a nice strut mount like my offset units, the biggest problem is the lack of caster adjustment more then negative camber. If you have a general street car, the -.8 degrees you can get with stock springs is ok,,, -.8 degrees camber not good, not bad. The ability to run an extra degree of caster is something most people should want on their street car.

Back